Narcissism information

Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Narcissism information

Hi everyone

It's been many many months since I've posted on this website, or even logged on. It really helped me at the time after my xabf and I split up, but having not heard from him for several months I was able to heal and move on - thanks to fantastic people like Taking Charge 999, Jadmack, Anvil, Bookwyrm, Crazy4Him and many more.

I'm not sure how many of you 'oldies' are still about (I haven't had the chance to go looking for you this time yet as I have just logged on and am at work!!) but if so, one of you sent me a fantastic link on narcissism and the behavioural traits of a narcissist.

If anyone reading this knows where I can find this information please could they post it on this thread? After 10 months of absolutely no contact, my ex turned up out of the blue two weeks ago. Stuck around for six days and is gone again. I feel I shall be turning to all the old material I wrote on here at the time, and the replies I had, to remind myself of the pain I went through, and to show myself how much I've moved on by forgetting about him.

And please, if any of you are going through similar, please remember you really are better off without them!!
Old 05-06-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Google "Personality Disorder Narcissism" :-) Flurry of stuff, if you can't find that link.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Is this the thread

Your thoughts please

with this link? Narcissistic Personality Disorder

?? Wishing you peace and clarity..
Old 05-06-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumper thank you very much! It is the one! I need to remind myself of what I read as it really hit home at the time. You are an angel!! xx
Old 05-06-2010, 08:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Personally

Would an over simplified explanation of a narcissist be one who is worried about how they are percieved by others. Some in every aspect or area of life.

Would a competative person be a likely candidate to become a narcissist?
Old 05-06-2010, 11:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Glad to see you around sclarke!!!!! HUGS!!
Old 05-07-2010, 03:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hugs to you too TC. Don't know what I would have done without you xxxx
Old 05-07-2010, 04:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Interestingly enough, when we were together, I told him I reckoned it would take me a year to move on from him. I wonder if he stored this information before turning up within that deadline! Also, while we were togther he practically bankrupted me. When he turned up a couple of weeks ago (despite new girlfriend being pregnant!) he asked where I was living. I told him I'd had to move back in temporarily with my parents until my finances were sorted. Told him I'd be OK within six months. (Stupidly!). Did not realise what I'd said until he 'joked' "Oh maybe I'll give it another six months then!" Seemed like a joke at the time. But when you read the things I've read on narcissism it makes you wonder!!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Its really funny they think everyone is around waiting on enjoying their wonderful presence and company.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know, what's the guarantee he'll give it another go in six months' time. He facebooked me saying it will be the last time I ever hear from him (yeah, right!!) Not so much 'when the going gets tough the tough get going' as 'when the going gets tough I'll give sclarke64448 a bell and see if I can use her like I used to!!' Idiot!!