Made a Decision

Old 05-05-2010, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made a Decision

I finally made some boundaries...I told my AH not to come home if he was messed up. That this is not how I want to live my life. If this is how he wants to live his life, then don't come home. I told him I am tired of fighting and at the end of my rope. I just can't handle the lies and excuses anymore. I am tired of dealing with it! This is my choice!

I guess time will tell me what I have to do! I am afraid that I will have to tell him to leave but I know I have to stick to it!! I know I shouldn't be hopeful that by me telling him this, it would change anything. I know in the back of mind that if things get better, it will be matter of time when it happens again. He is an addict and he will probably choose his addiction. This decision is more for me and my kids.

I know this is the right thing to do; but why is it so hard??? I have to keep telling myself I have to do this! No more second, third, or fourth chances. This is it!! Why do I second guess myself?
Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Proud

Be proud of yourself, you are making a decision for you and your kids. I know it is difficult, but you can do it. Do it for you and your kid's future.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

First, good for you!!!

Originally Posted by shebagirl View Post
I know this is the right thing to do; but why is it so hard???
I've asked myself that question so many times. It's hard for me to give up wishful thinking and misplaced control. It was always hard for me to be assertive but so easy to be aggressive! It was even harder switching that around because I'd spent a lifetime wanting, allowing, needing others to do for me what I was supposed to be doing for myself all along.

The psych community doesn't use the term neurotic any more but it fit me so well. 2 + 2 = 4 and I couldn't stand it.