What's that ring on your finger mean?

Old 05-04-2010, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What's that ring on your finger mean?

There was an IEP meeting for older DS today and stbxah was there. He kept giving me these weird looks and then I finally figured it out. I had a ring on my left ring finger. I just ignored him and after the meeting was over went to work.
I got a call at work about an hour later asking me if I could bring some papers down from the divorce that I had for him. He was in the lobby and I handed them to him and started back up the stair for work and then he asked me what does that ring on your finger mean and I turned around, looked him in the eye and told him the absolute truth and turned around and went back to work. It meant I finally found the box with my jewlery in it.

He is delusional. I believe he still thinks I will take him back and he somehow wanted verification that I was not seeing some other man.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ick. How sad.

When I was leaving AH, I came back one evening to find that he had emptied out my lingerie and underwear drawer, and thrown out everything that he knew I had worn "for him". He told me that since he wasn't going to let me wear for someone else what I'd worn for him, he just burned it all.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wife, I applaud you for being so poised in the face his idiocy. It is his pitiful ego that tells him anything and everything has to do with him. Sometimes a ring is just ring, buddy.

Noday, I actually find his burning of your underwear a laugh riot. Sadly, he doesn't realize that without the oppression of an addict relationship a women doesn't need fancy lingerie to be attractive. We are beautiful in what mother nature gave us!! And our blossoming self confidence lets us strut our stuff, too.

I pulled out my old lacy things and threw them out in the trash as I packing to move away from XABF. The thought of wearing them gave me the creeps. Not that I had worn them in a few years at that point.

I'd be apt to thank your AH for taking care of that little disposal for you. LOL.

Alice
Old 05-05-2010, 12:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

So many bad memories related to clothes and lacy stuff! I got rid of everything too.

Result: new wardrobe

And yes, kinder partners find you sexy at any time of the day. They actually find you sexy while sober~!! wow! I don't think that exists on their planet.

Funny how some people can sleep around with half the town but get superangry when the tables turn. "Got married in the Bahamas with George Clooney" could have been a good answer as well
Old 05-05-2010, 03:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

While I was out one evening, my late XAH found some lovely lacy underwear in a drawer. On my return home he tossed them at me, saying he had made it easier for me and my "boyfriends".

He had cut the crotch out of the panties, and the nipple area out of the bras.

The look of horror and then fury that took over his face after I had wiped the smug and sneering look off it, was priceless.

All I said was I hoped our daughter appreciated what he had done to the lingerie orders for herself, sisters and friends, that she had put in that drawer for safekeeping.

He had to fork out over $6oo for the damage he did.

By the way, the gear was of varied sizes 8 - 16 and a - e cups, and he didn't notice.

It was just a month later that I walked out.

God bless
Old 05-05-2010, 11:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the laughs. It does boggle the mind sometimes.
TC-wish I could have come up with the George Clooney line. . .
I agree about the lingerie--I found my stuff when unpacking at my new house (shortly before I found the box with my jewelry in it). The lingerie stayed in the box. Why, oh why would I want to wear something that reminded me of stbxah-talk about ruining the moment.

Jadmack--amazing, truly amazing.

Yes it is always about them.

I agree-those who really love us don't need the lingerie and are pefectly happy with us the way we are. I don't think I ever asked any man to wear a Speedo or thong :rotfxko
Old 05-05-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Anvil--maybe it is time to take that ring to a jeweler, take it apart and create something that is important to you.

Frist marriage--I could not wear or even keep the ring. Partly because the diamond was his grandmother's and there was no way I was going to keep it--it belonged in his family. When I took it to the jeweler and the diamond had been taken out I picked out another stone and another style of ring. She asked me if I wanted to hold the torch to melt the gold while she turned it into something else-not sure why-but I could not do it. I did like the new ring though. . .
Old 05-05-2010, 12:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That makes perfect sense.