Lies

Old 05-04-2010, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LS2

Lies

I hate being lied to...My A (kids dad as I shall call him) said he will do inpatient treatment instead of leaving and finding his own place.

He said he called the treatment center he went to before and they said insurance doesn't cover impatient and only outpatient. He said it would be like 10,000 for him to pay before he can go.

He wanted all along to just do outpatient but, I said I am not willing to drive you. So yesterday when he told me this I said, well I guess I will drive you.

I am not on his insurance plan only the kids and he are. I called the number on the back and they said oh yes we do cover inpatient he just needs to call the number and we can direct him to which facilities he can go to...What bull.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First a hug

So you set a boundary, that you wouldn't drive him to treatment, and he manipulated around it. He lied to you (sure it isn't the first time) to get what he wanted. What are you going to do about it now?
Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a rotten, yet unsurprising, manipulation.

Keep it simple. He moves out. You get what you need, and he can take care of his recovery any way he sees fit.

ETA: Kitty had a much better post. I need to get off her today, I'm just in a mean mood. Sorry
Old 05-04-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

(LS2)

Hate that you are going thru this -

You are now faced with some really tough decisions - faced with deciding what is healthy, self-respecting and best for you and your children.

For me, I learned to base my decisions on people's actions not on the words or intentions. Although they may have full intention and plans on carrying out those promises I know today that the disease of alcoholism/addiction can prevent those intentions, plans or promises from ever coming true.

Today, I go what has and is happening - not by what "i'm gonna do"s - I have found this is just the healthiest thing for me.

HUGS (hope, unity, gratitude and serenity)
Rita
Old 05-04-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LS2

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
He wanted all along to just do outpatient but,

i'm gonna venture a guess that he never intended to do ANY type of treatment and instead fed you just enough BS for YOU to back off of your stance, so HE wouldn't have to so much as a wiggle an eyebrow........

people who want treatment GO to treatment. people who want recovery GET recovery. people who have no desire for either, do nothing.
You are totally right. What am I doing even calling the insurance?! geez. Thanks! That is what I needed to hear