This week for me = music and a$$ kicking

Old 04-28-2010, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This week for me = music and a$$ kicking

I'm focused on me me me this week. I've been going to the gym, I have a class, tomorrow night I'm going to see one of my favorite bands, Friday night I'm getting my hair done and then having drinks with friends, Saturday lunch with a friend, riding, and Sunday I'm going to do whatever I want. Maybe I'll ride my bike. Maybe I will.

What are you guys up to for YOU this week?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oooh hair getting done...I WANT to do that too!

This week, I'm shopping for clothing for my DD, who keeps growing taller and taller, but I'm also giving myself permission to shop for myself cause I look like a pauper!

Yesterday I had my second appointment with a guidance counsellor, to help me figure out what to do with my life. I'm very dissatisfied with my job, despite the high pay and good insurance, and I'd like to think I'm young enough to change career paths. So far so good...the counsellor is leading me to very interesting ruminations about my career path...

This week-end, I'm taking an advanced tango workshop on embellishments, and feeling very proud about taking an "advanced" class. Sunday, I'm going to my usual milonga to dance my butt off for 4 hours.

And to top it all off, I have a date on Saturday night.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

At date! Awesome!

I'm thinking about changing careers to. That's why I started school again. It won't be a huge change, but a really nice one. I have a lot of studying to do before I get there. It's so nice to know there's a brighter future though, eh?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I am on vacation! WooHoo!

The teenagers and I are borrowing a beach house in Florida. We are staying near my oldest daughter and she has joined us. Family time!

I am trying to relax.

I have been riding a bike and loving it!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What to do, what to do?? So many possibilities!

I'm saving up for an overnight trip to New York next month for fun and shopping (first time taking a trip since leaving XABF). I'll probably be working to save up some extra spending cash. Having something fun on the horizon to plan for is awsome.

I've been slowly picking away at a storage unit I got after my second move. There's a lot of unwanted baggage in there and a few treasures I haven't seen in a while so it has actually felt good to sift through things and take out what I want to keep. I'm hoping to spend a little more time in the pile this weekend.

Great thread KP! Sounds like you are making plans that enrich you physically and emotionally and that's fantastic!!

Alice
Old 04-28-2010, 06:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

KP. You rock. I can't wait until I can be busy with FUN stuff too.

Moving, finals, sewing multiple garments weekly, and competency tests this whole month....not exactly my idea of fun...but at least I am busy and I will be so proud of myself after this is all over. It's been a rough month. And after Saturday I'm DONE-ZO!!!

And you can bet my codie a$$ will be back on here more...lamenting with my pitiful why won't he choose sobriety crap. ahhh puke...

sorry rough day for me today. feeling better, but I'm a bit negative and just exhausted. so tired of being codependent too on top of it. lol. can't wait to have time to get back to focusing on healing.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Next Sunday is Mother's Day here in Aussie, and I am off to spend a few days with youngest daughter and 2 grandsons, then home on Sunday and dinner with all the family.

My idea of pure enjoyment and bliss.

God bless