Made it through a stressful lunch and day.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Made it through a stressful lunch and day.

Well I had to go with an ex friend to buy something due to work. A cable.

He triggered many memories.

What I remember is how I felt (they say ppl forget what you say or did, but never forget how they felt) when this guy told me XABF had moved on and him and GF were totally happy, that I was the only one feeling bad!

Did I mention he also offered a threesome?

Anyway. He kept checking out women and mentioning that to another guy who went with us.

He also said surprised that "I haven't changed my car"
And that it had a bumper sticker that didn't look right.

He also kept complaining about his boss.

I wonder if I was not the one who was drunk when considered him "my only friend"? :wtf2

Coming back I walked and thought "thank God this is over and I won't be seeing him during any other free time, never again by my own personal election"

And ended up feeling great about myself.

Now-

Work-
Deparasite cats-
Clean home-

Grab a late meal with a friend who is visiting the city. Great person.

Tomorrow, 2 hour of dance lessons, they raise money for kids in unfortunate conditions.

Then I bought theater tickets for a monologue, it is a woman that goes from dad's home to husband's home and finally sets free.

Sunday- organize my trip for Tuesday

Yes, I wonder why I looked up to someone else that does NOT live the life I want for myself. Now I need people that love their life. That are in love with their life. Or at least building something for themselves.

I got a "friend" who is super pessimistic and depressed. I have found myself saying bad things about my life just to "empathize". Sometimes I just listen. Now I just say "bye" and not talk to her at all.

Instead I go to the Subway -its fun because next to it there's a bar so the drunks are there when I arrive in my sporty clothes feeling great asking for a Vegetarian sandwich, and I feel good knowing I am now on the side that Chooses Life.

I love it when I go from hellish thoughts of not being good enough, not feeling supported, envying, wishful thinking etc etc then I feel myself back! and I go back to valuable thoughts and actions !!

PS Also its fun how some males I know give so much importance to their cars, how expensive/new/clean they are! I believe they got unresolved insecurities...
Old 04-23-2010, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
today4me

TC - good post. I also noticed this last night while having a beer and trying to watch the draft. All of these patrons in the bar clinging to their beer, cig and cellphones. It was like they weren't even there. I felt very odd being there and got judgemental. That was when it was time to leave.

Insecurities in men with cars/trucks - amen. My XGF would state openly to me she loved the car she used to have because it turned heads. I think it's great to feel good about yourself. But there is a balance as with anything.

Glad you made it and take care TC.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

TC,

sounds like you have a great plan - being around wonderful, fun, loving people is always the ticket.

have you thought about why this "ex-friend" was your friend at all? something in him similar to your x? just wondering, cuz i think it's really hard to not repeat patterns. and for myself, i sometimes wonder if i will always only really like (men) addicts