Tired of being in this situation

Old 04-23-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired of being in this situation

This is first time I have posted on here. I am at a breaking point or deal breaker with my AH. I am tired of being tired and lied to over and over again.

It is bad don't get me wrong but his addiction is not every day or even every week. It is almost like he has cycles he goes through it every so often. I just can't handle the cycles anymore. I have beens so stressed out with paying all the bills, working every day, and then coming home to take care of our 2 children. All this stress over period of time has led me to depression, not sleeping, and over driving myself crazy.

My AH is going to counselor next week for his problem with pain pills and has admitted he has a problem and needs help. So...That is great but I am still having issues with all this. How can you really trust again? What if he has another weak moment and he expects me to get over? I guess the only thing keeping me here is the kids and kills me to even think about not having my kids in my life everyday.

I want to see if this help our marriage but I am afraid I am already checked out!! I have so many mixed emotions!! I do know for sure if he slips again, I am done! No more!!

Thanks for all the post on here. It is really nice to know I am not the only one going through the same thing. It is also refreshing to know that the non-addicts can get on with their lives. I want my life back and to be happy again.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The best advice I can offer is to keep posting! I've learned SO much in the past three weeks from joining this site. The people here are incredible, with wonderful words of wisdom! I see things more clearly now.

Keep coming back, and I wish you the very best!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have a couple of suggestions for you. Get your hands on a copy of the book "Codependent No More" by Melody Beattie. It was a real eye-opener for me.

Check and see if there are Naranon or Alanon meetings in your area. Alanon is more widely available. There you will find the support of people who understand what you are going through.

I was married to an alcoholic/addict and left him for my own sanity and safety.

I also have a 32 year old daughter who's active in addictions.

Alanon has restored my sanity and given me a better way to live.

You are not alone, my dear! :ghug3
Old 04-23-2010, 08:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

shebagirl,

you don't have to have all the questions answered right now. one day at a time, one step at a time.

freedom's suggestions are a great place to start. see ya around...
Old 04-25-2010, 01:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I also recommend that you try going to Nar Anon or Al Anon. You can also try reading the sticky (especially the one on detachment). Detaching is really difficult, but for me it's given me so much peace. I love my husband; but like you said he was driving me CRAZY. I had to take several steps back, & see our situation more realistically. Hang in there. When you have questions- keep posting on here! I have gotten a lot of excellent advice here on SR.

Be strong!

Christen
Old 04-26-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

welcome