Notices

wednesday evening

Old 04-21-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

wednesday evening

Took my grandaughter to her club tonight(sober)been a kind of an up and down day i am on day 5 sober and came up against a few triggers but redirected my mind.My daughters boyfriend came home tonight and he had a few beers with his dad that was one of the triggers but i just had to come on SR and remind myself i am not a social drinker i am the drink every day,couple of beers before work,drink in the morning ,drink all day sneak drinking,panic in case i dont have enough booze for the long weekend,ALCOHOLIC.pheewww.Glad to get that out day six tommorow going to relax with my wife.I think she may have noticed no booze for 5 days Prayer thank you Jesus for this day and when the temptations came you gave me the strength tomove past them also thank you for all the support on this site please bless all the people here.....................jo
Old 04-21-2010, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go, joleah - reaching out here to [talk] about how you were feeling - it really does help.

Do you have some books on hand as well? I have some quick read ones that have short stories about people's struggles and the joys they find in recovery.

They're great reminders during those testy times in early recovery (that, and memories of my last detox, help to remind me where I don't want to be).

Continuing to discover your triggers and learning how to deal with them are very valuable tools. Good for you!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I find prayer keeps me in calm balance....

Way to go on your sober time!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on your new found life of being sober, it is an awesome one.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

books

Humblebee would it be possible to give me the title of those books tks for support
Old 04-22-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Joleah, good job on redirecting your thoughts. This site is great for that.
Dean
Old 04-22-2010, 04:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You have a great outlook on maintaining your sobriety. Recognizing the triggers and redirecting your energies. Good for you!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joleah View Post
Humblebee would it be possible to give me the title of those books tks for support
Hey Jo,

Two short story reading books that I particularly like are "Chicken Soup for the Recovery Soul" and "Living Sober" (Living Sober is an AA approved book - it doesn't promote or focus on AA - just on real life topics of adjusting to life being sober as the title implies).

Here on SR, there's also a forum called The Book Club (in the Social section forum) - look and see what's already been posted and/or ask folks on this forum about what your preferences are.

Enjoy!
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-books.html