Showing Off the New Partner to the Ex

Old 04-21-2010, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Showing Off the New Partner to the Ex

I have a question.

Why do people show off new partners in front of their old ones? Hold hands, kiss or just show up in locations where you know your ex will be with your new partner.

What is the thinking behind this? Even for someone who is a none A?

I had a weird dream about someone from years ago who did this to me. Showed up at my work with a new woman. Another made out with a girl he dated days after me and stared straight at me during his kiss (I turned away but was disgusted). I have actually had 3 men do this type of thing to me and wonder why?
Old 04-21-2010, 05:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

A year and a half later I feel uneasy talking about bf when I know ex may pick up something. "I don't want to hurt him" as if he gave a damn

I think it has to do with the ego and insecurities. When one knows her or his value one doesn't actively seek out those situations... it has some adolescent element... I think I did that once, funny it was XABF the "new guy I was showing off"

Anyway, Miss, good morning. Thanks for asking this question.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

They are cruel and immature and just want to mess with your mind. It has nothing to do with drinking. It's a character flaw.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Sometimes ppl get confused and think they are in a cheap telenovela like the ones my country produces! cheap drama
Old 04-21-2010, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The thinking behind such immature action is to prove to the former partner that one is still desirable and attractive to other people, and that one has in fact moved on.

Funny though...acting in this manner specifically proves that one is seeking out the attention of the former partner, even if it is with the intent to hurt. Furthermore, it is a clear indication that one has no regard whatsoever for the new partner, except as a means to injure the previous one and obviously, to stroke one's ego.

Games games games.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I had to show up to a few events where the kids were in after my divorce. The ex would show up with her g/f. At least, they didn't act romantic in public.

Not knowing how big a city you live in. I would stay out of places to eat etc. that you know they like to go. This isn't to say, your ex isn't immature enough to want to show you he can get another g/f after you.