Manipulation anyone....

Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Manipulation anyone....

Back Pedal a little. Ah called to talk about his great time last night with old friends and what fun he had and he was bike riding and not going on the boat but might weed wack and wash his truck. Constructive things! Mind you this man has not not gone on the boat to drink in forever and now he calls and says yea- I'm great ....yada yada yada. I know it is blabber but God it made me pissy which even makes me more pissy that it upset me. I dont' care -I will spend the day with my sons and see my Dad and 2 sisters! He never did anything with me- I swear to God if we bike rode he had beer in his water bottle. Why do I care. I am still moving on- can't talk to him. SOB!
Old 04-18-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sounds like it worked. Why did he feel you'd be interested in his day? Are you two in the habit of discussing daily activities? My advice is to go no contact, which would include blocking him on your phone and avoiding him in person. You are the only one who can protect your serenity. He's going to do whatever he can to rattle you. Don't let him.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I need to do that indeed. I can't talk to him- it makes me nuts and I could actually feel my condependent ways coming out. It was awful. I have been really positive - happy - hopeful and then WHAM. It was my fault- I take responsibility for it. Can't talk to him. Clear and Simple. I need to stay on my own path to recovery - that is what I will do. It is a great day- I am blessed - Turning this over to HP! Going to cut grass and think of all I am blessed with- which is tons!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh crud, I remember those calls.
For weeks after I separated from XABF and before I went No Contact, he would call...drinking of course...and talk about his day. Blabbity-blabbity-blab. I got a pretty good laugh though when he told me how downright busy he was and how he hardly had time to drink anymore. Please, I could hear him opening another beer as he said it (as though the sound is not burned in my brain).

Oh, how sadly overworked and underdrunk they are out on their own...what a pity.

My life has been far more peaceful not having contact with him. Who needs to hear the minutia of a drunk's life?

Alice