Still Here.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
work in progress

Still Here.

I just wanted to let you all know that I am still here. I haven't posted in a while....I have moved on to working strictly on my codependency issues and past my XAH addiction problem. I wish there was a Forum based solely on Codependency...maybe that can happen one day, since we "normies" and also addicts usually suffer from it....it's kind of the reason we came here in the first place, don't you think?

Anyway, it's been interesting. I own my own business, and I find it ironic that I am working on my "controlling other people" issues while having to govern a staff of people. I lost two of my staff this week, and they are like family to Me. The first one, I handled very well and was supportive and calm...but the second one hit me over the head like a ton of bricks!

I did get angry. I have nurtured and trained her to be the best of my staff, and now that she is almost done with her training, and is a strong person...she has decided to take that knowledge to another business. Wow! That just p!ssed Me off...and I did take it personally. I am going to have to work through that. But I am feeling taken advantage of...I jumped through hoops to work with her. Maybe that's the problem.

Some of you may know that I was asked to give Mr.Sofa the "ring" back. This week, I have decided to take it to the jeweler where he bought it to get it cleaned and he can pick it up. He comes home from overseas this week. Thought that would be the wisest way to give it back.

I mentioned a few months ago that I was attracted to a client of ours...well it's still with me, and we are now starting to talk to each other online. We'll see where this goes, but I am not sure I trust my picker just yet. I have an overwhelming desire to get to know him better....and I am not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. So I am trying to just take my time and look at Him for who he really is....I don't know much just yet....but I'm getting there. Good thing is, His ex wife is an addict and she left him for the drugs. So, he's like us....and is NOT an addict! Hallelujah!!! Time will tell.

SO, all in all I am doing okay. Mr.Sofa has been out of the country so that has helped tremendously....but he comes back this week, and I hope I haven't just been living in a pink cloud while he was gone.

We shall see.

I just wanted to give an update. I have been reading all your posts and I wish all of you a good day today. I am still here.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thanks for the update!

you have had a long time to think about the ring, and those are the best decisions - not ones made from a knee-jerk reaction.

i too, was a business owner, and had a small staff and even those some of the staff members changed over time, we had that "work family" thing really going on. my codependent thing helped to make that environment, my staff truly loved me and me them, but it also got in the way of me being the best boss i could have been. i have since learned, and gotten pretty good at, professional boundaries, and wearing either the "boss" hat or the "friend" hat. i always remember (now) to evaluate the behavior only, and not analyze, make excuses for, try to "help" the employee when there's a problem.

i hope all goes well when mr. sofa returns.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, even if your 'picker' isn't that good, sometimes it can help get your mind off of the old one you "picked"....

Have fun w/it....
Keep it light and fun...

Love,
Cess
Old 04-18-2010, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good times and bum times,
I've seen 'em all and, my dear,
I'm still here.
Flush velvet sometimes,
Sometimes just pretzels and beer,
But I'm here.
I've run the gamut.
A to Z.
Three cheers and dammit,
C'est la vie.
I got through all of last year
And I'm here.
Lord knows, at least I was there,
And I'm here!
Look who's here!
I'm still here!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sofa,

I hope things stay calm in your world after Mr. sofa returns. Good idea to leave the ring with the jeweler.

Good luck with the new interest. A real normie! no addiction! thats a great start!!
Old 04-19-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
work in progress

"...throw him back, it's a trick! "

:rotfxko Oh Anvil....that's freaking hysterical!!!!! But I can't say I'm not with you on that one!!! There's always a catch!!!!!! Hmmmmmmmm........did I mention he has a good job too? Waaaaaaaaaat?????? There's gotta be something wrong with Him....and I'm a codie, if I don't find it....I'll make something up!!!!!!!! HAHHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There's gotta be something wrong with Him....and I'm a codie, if I don't find it....I'll make something up!!!!!!!! HAHHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
:rotfxko
Old 04-19-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=sofacat;2573751][I][COLOR="Red"] There's gotta be something wrong with Him....and I'm a codie, if I don't find it....I'll make something up!!!!!!!! HAHHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!![/FONT][/QUOTE

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

ROLLIN OVER HERE.......