Notices

I need Advise PLEASE

Old 04-17-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation I need Advise PLEASE

Today is day 12 for me of being sober from opiates. I still feel very tired, with no energy, and feel as tho I could simply stay on the couch all day..is this normal. I also feel very antsy, easily agitated, and depressed with myself for getting into this crap. I am determined tho.....I just want my ENERGY back...........any advice, anyone??????????????
Old 04-17-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't know anything about withdrawal from opiates, but would suggest you see a doctor if you aren't feeling well. Withdrawal from any substance takes time, but medical help is a good idea if you are worried about what's going on with your health and well being.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, talking to your dr is a good idea.

Other than that you can do basic things like eat well, drink lots of water, take vitamins, exercise. It will all help.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Definitely speak with a dr. Please don't go it alone as they can monitor your health to make sure all is ok.

Congrats on day 12 but know that with any drug....physically feeling great doesn't happen right away. What feels great is that you are on the road to recovery and doing the right thing.

Hang in - Kim
Old 04-17-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

In my experience its normal how you're feeling. You didnt get addicted to opiates over night and your body will need time to get back to normal. You're also going to have to learn how to live again without opiates which can feel like a huge task in itself and take a lot out of you. It gets better though as long as you dont go back.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone........

I am so grateful that there were so many replies. I just got off the couch to check. I do believe like Decbaby said that waht I am feeling is normal, and I have seen a Dr. and am in treatment. I amm not a 'group person' I don't like speaking in fron of people...........anyways, its so FRUSTRATING THAT I am Still feeling like crap....Thanks again EVEYONE ..........maybe this 'on-line' support will help.........
Old 04-17-2010, 02:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR RockALittle

We also have a substance abuse forum if you want more reading LOL
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 04-17-2010, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RockALittle View Post
I am so grateful that there were so many replies. I just got off the couch to check. I do believe like Decbaby said that waht I am feeling is normal, and I have seen a Dr. and am in treatment. I amm not a 'group person' I don't like speaking in fron of people...........anyways, its so FRUSTRATING THAT I am Still feeling like crap....Thanks again EVEYONE ..........maybe this 'on-line' support will help.........
Hey Rock, noticed that last post was just your second, so welcome to SR!! This place is awesome as you see already, tons of support and experience here.

True about speaking to your doctor and be good to yourself. Going through the DT's are no fun.

Welcome, hang in there, I hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Support is important, online and face-2-face, especially in early recovery.

I don't have an affection about speaking in groups either. I went to meetings when I first got sober and just listened. Doing that, and getting to know other sober people who I could call and talk to, helped me alot.

SR is an awesome place - Glad you're here with us!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I don't know about opiates, but when I quit drinking I went the other direction. I was full of energy to the point of being almost manic. My sex drive went through the roof and I couldn't find enough things to work on around the house. I have since stabilized and am pretty much back to normal, less the health and mental issues associated with alcoholism (for the most part).

Your body is going through withdrawal and your doctor is best equipped to help you. Talking (in this case, typing) to others in the same boat can help ease the transition. Exercise helps too ('cause it generates a natural "high").

RockALittle
I need Advise PLEASE
Old 04-18-2010, 06:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 13 ........feeling still very antsy...............I hate this.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Stay with it, this will pass. You are on your way to a clean and sober life. It's bumpy at first but you'll get there. Congrats on 13 days!
Old 04-18-2010, 07:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lmao...I never had so much trouble uploading a profile pic????????????????
Old 04-18-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hi-
i do have exp of where u are and yup like dec said its pretty normal -
now you need to start moving again to raise that energy - as much hard work goes into getting back up as it took to repeatedly score and get where u are
-everything is depleted at the mo soo good food and drinking lots of fliuds is the best way to get your energy up = well done on 13 days - can;t wait to say the same... ur doing really well
good luck