Notices

curious

Old 04-17-2010, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink curious

Hello everyone, I,am a little curious on how this posting our thoughts, or basically chating with everyone is suppose too deter me from getting high, is their like a train counselor who follows the dialogue too aid and assist when and where needed???
Old 04-17-2010, 02:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Soalo
Welcome

We're a peer support group - no trained counsellors here - all we can share is our experience and advice.

Noone here can really deter you from getting high - not unless you really don't want to ...but you'll find a ton of support if you do

This place saved my life.

D
Old 04-17-2010, 02:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wink fresh perspective

Hello Dee, thanks for the in-depth glad too see people who take their recovery seriously as well as extend words of encougagement.. thanks!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi Soalo and welcome to SR. There's plenty of support here.

Dee, I am curious too, about your new avatar ????
Old 04-17-2010, 03:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Originally Posted by soalo View Post
Hello everyone, I,am a little curious on how this posting our thoughts, or basically chating with everyone is suppose too deter me from getting high, is their like a train counselor who follows the dialogue too aid and assist when and where needed???
Haha, nice. I still kind of think like that sometimes!

This is just a community that's here to support you if you want to change the stuff you're doing. Basically, if you think what you're doing isn't fun any longer and you want to stop, then we're all in the same boat!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee, I am curious too, about your new avatar ????
ANZAC day is our Memorial Day or Rememberance Day, intention - it's the day we remember all those who've served in the Australian and New Zealand armed forces (the 'Diggers')

I'm a peacenik, but I respect the heck out of their sacrifice

I do this every year - I'm just starting a little early this year

Sorry to hijack the thread soalo
D
Old 04-17-2010, 05:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you find the support and encouragement that I have found here. It IS possible to live clean and sober, but you've got to want it first and foremost. Welcome to SR!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Heathen

Like others have said, it's peer support.. Definitely seek a counselor or other program if you're in need of more support, I know I sure was!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rev
Awakening

Not feeling alone in my struggle, especially when the hours are at their darkest, makes all the difference.

Rev
Old 04-17-2010, 12:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I find that getting my thoughts out of my head really helps me, and this site provides a great medium in which to do it. If I don't express my thoughts somehow, they just mill about in my head and overwhelm me.

I also draw great strength from the wisdom of shared experiences that are posted here. Quite often when I am going through something, I go to the forums and see someone else is going through the same thing. Reading others' experiences and how they deal with them gives me "food for thought" and helps me to work out my own problems.

Lastly, it's comforting to know that if I am having a really rough time of things, all I have to do is put up a post, and someone out there will always say something to help get me through. This site is an amazing community filled with supportive people.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR is an amazing place for support and inspiration.

If you want to get sober and stay sober, there are people here anytime of the day or night who will understand what you are going through.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

SR is such a wonderful community of understanding and carrying people. No one here or anywhere can make someone quit but here we can post our journey from joys to frustrations to whatever stage of recovery we are at. I find posting allows me to get those thoughts out of my head in the middle of night and there is someone there is respond. We aren't alone and by posting it allows us to reflect on our journey.