Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

The journey from pain to nostalgia to nausea to acceptance to indifference

The journey from pain to nostalgia to nausea to acceptance to indifference

Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Arrow The journey from pain to nostalgia to nausea to acceptance to indifference

I think I feel all of those at the same time.

Had to work with him tonight.

Had dance lessons but it was difficult to concentrate knowing he would call me.

He let an hour pass and waited until I logged in to the work's chat.

He typed the same cute way I remember when we started flirting.

As I am feeling rather good -thanks endorphines- I was nice, cooperative, thanked him, even put an icon of palm trees saying everything was happiness (in regards to the test I was doing that was successful).

Bf is next to me and for some reason we are coming back to treating each other better. After dancing i bought Subways for both of us and am now on my way to a donut.

We will watch a "Lost" episode, then he will sleep and I'll take a bath, see how the kittens are doing, keep working, etc.

I really hope I don't take steps back.

Thanks for all your help!!

Let go... let go... let go... nothing's happened... I'm safe... he is still who he was... who I remember... the good.. and the unacceptable, unbelievably painful bad.

for the support this year and a half, sometimes it seems ages ago.. sometimes it was like yesterday.

PS if it wasn't for XABF I wouldn't have my cats Dolce and Gabanna ! THAT is something to be grateful for. I'm hugging them now at the same time!! they seem to know when I need extra affection.