Notices

Step 3

Old 04-14-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Step 3

We had a new Employer. Being all powerful, He provided what we
needed, if we kept close to Him and performed His work well.

Established on such a footing, we became less and less interested in
ourselves, our little plans and designs. More and more we became
interested in seeing what we could contribute to life.

As we felt new power flow in, as we enjoyed peace of mind, as we
discovered we could face life successfully, as we became conscious of
His presence, we began to lose our fear of today, tomorrow, or the
hereafter. We were reborn.
I could stay here forever if it was up to me it's all still sinking in, the sense of hope and the idea that it would be OK and I didn't have to drink anymore that came over me I guess in step 2 was overwhelming and still growing. The way I'm perceiving that my Creator was a part of me and my life all along and my perception of everybody around me and life itself is changing.
With people is the biggest change I'm starting to feel tolerance, love and genuine interest in them as something to grab hold of with all my might.

I went to a meeting last night and I was in a room full of FRIENDS. Some of them I used to like a little most irritated me and a few I would have thrown back drunk if I was God, and now I looked at them sitting around the table and every one of them was infinitely important and just as deserving of interest and compassion and every good thing in life as I could ever be
Wasn't them that changed all the sudden it was ME
Old 04-14-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Post Hakuna matata

Right on, Jeremiah. In my reflections on Step Three this morning, I have an urge to break out into the Lion King song, Hakuna matata (no worries.)

My first time through the steps, I misread a word--"care" somehow became "dictation", and I figured that if I did anything that didn't seem "godly" (smoking a cigarette, putting the make on a woman...) that there was no chance for me here. Seeing that I am not God, that was a big order--one doomed to failure.

Turning my life and my will over to the CARE of God is a different thing entirely. I can relax. I can trust. I can take life one day at a time.

Yes, there is work ahead--there is always work--but, "established on such a footing", the trail ahead opens up as a grand adventure, rather than as a frightening and desperate plunge.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i'm still stuttering with this.....it doesn't seem to be dependant on my circumstances...isn't if i like or don't like things...but sometimes i just can feel in the care of ....that feeling...it just isn't there...instead there is fear....

I have felt in the care of even during rough times this last 3 months, so that gives me hope that I can learn to precieve this better over time and with work (of the steps).

I continue as best i can to walk in the faith I don't always have...learning to ACCEPT being in the care of is somewhat dificult for me....but then step two still has some chinks in it I guess .