Co Habitating with your STBX......

Old 04-13-2010, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just for today....

Co Habitating with your STBX......

So, I have been thinking (oh no)

STBX is saying he is going to start moving out this weekend...that was fine and dandy. So he says to me, well, maybe we should wait until our son is out of school (about a month and 1/2) before doing this. STBX gets him on the bus every morning and watches our daughter while I am at work. I am thinking if he leaves now, I will have to pay to take our son to childcare in the morning everyday, and then drive our daughter to him, or pay for childcare.

Now, things around the house have been fine. We are not fighting, he has started to give me some money, buy his own groceries, kinda like a roomie situation. I am still strong on the part that I want a divorce, I am not going change my mind on that one, but if he stays a couple more months, is that just pro longing the obvious?

Part of our disease is that it is hard for us to make decesions for ourselves (me anyway) I ask my friends and they say make him leave, I ask myself and I think right now, at this point in my life it would be easier for him to stay...I could use the help and it will save me money. We are getting along fine and are both working toward the same goal, an amicable divorce and putting the kids needs first.

This is going to happen sooner or later, so would you let it happen sooner or later....

Am I hanging on when I should be letting go and don't realize it?
Old 04-13-2010, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He wants to stay for one reason, to try and get you to change your mind (this is not the first time you tried to divorce him right?). If he is unsuccessfully in doing so things will get ugly.

My exah hung around for weeks after he had signed a lease and paid a deposit on his own place hoping I was not serious. Things got ugly and I had to pack his clothes and tell him to stay at his fully furnished new place and not my house! They just don't get it.

He is kissing your butt right now, if he was serious about moving on he would move out.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just for today....

Thanks.....

I needed that and I think you may have hit the nail on the head!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just for today....

He is planning to move back in with him mom...so I don't think there is an immediate "rush" to go live in your moms basement.