Little insight

Old 04-13-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Little insight

Was trying to catch a little sleep, didn't have any luck but I had that little flash of insight. Always troubled by the realization that fresh pain, even if it's felt by experiencing the same situation-you guys out there know what I'm talking about, as codies we suffer the same sort of insanity the addicts in our lives do, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome-still hurts as much as it always does. I guess I've always thought the pain would be less intense the more it's experienced, as if there were some way for the mind to develop callouses.

And then it flashed, why wouldn't it?

When you scrape your knee, it hurts, always.

The amount of pain is proportional to the severity of the scrape, not the number of times you've scraped your knee.

Maybe kneepads are the key!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Codie armour would include ear plugs, jujubes (to keep our mouths from saying something we shouldn't), hip waders for wading through the doo doo, and a nice teflon helmet to bounce back the words we don't want to hear.

Some might add a hula hoop, pointing out that anything outside our hula hoop is not ours to fix.

Thanks Sailorjohn, sorry you're hurting, stay clear of banana peels.

Hugs
Old 04-14-2010, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

my Codie armour includes my PINK sunglasses to block out all the things I see that my "pre-recovery" self USE to do for them but now my "PINK" self says - It's healthier for everyone to let them handle it on their own.

((Sailorjohn))

praying today is a better day for you and that your "skinned knee" is feeling better and you continue to give yourself the self-care you DESERVE!!

HUGS,
Rita
Old 04-14-2010, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My codie armor... SR and HP!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ah, SJ, the KEY I think, is that if you KNOW that EVERYTIME you decide to jump into a pile of rocks, that your knee is gonna bleed-out, then perhaps you should determine there will ALWAYS be blood loss and an expected outcome.... OR you shouldn't jump and scrape yourself up over, and over again.

However, for us resistant ones, perhaps it takes jumping into the pile of rocks, hitting one so dang jagged that it severs the bone-- the leg has to be aputated, and THEN just to save the other leg, we THEN decide NOT to jump into the pile of rocks anymore.

I think the well-equipped ones here call that "rock bottom".... (there really was no pun intended when I started writing this analogy) haha!

Anyhow, if you have a small scrape, put a little ice on it, rest it, DONT pick at it, and try to learn from it.

((hugs))
Cessy
Old 04-15-2010, 03:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, John, I'm sorry about the old "skinned knee". Yeah, hurts just the same each time. Take good care of yourself! Hugs, HG