did everyone have a nice easter holiday.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

did everyone have a nice easter holiday.

the weather here in the uk..just now is pretty cold drab..miserable..hows it were you live...and did you enjoy youre easter holiday? personally glad its over as these events ussually cost me money...and having so much free time to oneself can present many triggers...how about you?
Old 04-05-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Hey Kerby!

I had a very relaxing Easter. It was 88 F degrees where I live. I spent a few hours at the pool reading/highlighting my "Codependent No More" book.

Everyday that I wake up on this side of the dirt is another day to give thanks!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow 88 degrees..pretty hot...its 3am in the morn here should really be sleepin..but after 2 weeks of not drinkin...ended up this aft drinkin..hence crashin out bout 7pm..now wide awake...workin morrow morn at 8am..not a smart move by all accounts...hopin to get back on track tommorow...i mean wasnt a heavy duty session or nothin...nevertheless dumda$$ mistake...so now gotta start again from scratch...so kinda keepin free from the alcohol an newbies thread...mad in it....cant really make excuses a mean grown man an all..but havin booze around the place..with other half still drinkin..one fallout row...an bingo....back in the mire...just ventin here...no offence...i need to pick up some new hobbies...thanks for hearin out my moanin here...typical bloke..right..
Old 04-05-2010, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I had to develop all new habits.

I loved to cook
I loved to cook with wine
I loved to put some wine in the dish and some more into the cook....

Not really funny, but it happened.

During early sobriety I had to find new activities. As exhausted as I was in the evenings, I knew I had to stay active to keep regular sleep patterns. I started walking in the evenings. Really fast paced walking to pound out my stresses and frustrations. It really helped me.

I also started organizing my home. Painted that last room that needed painting and a few other projects.

It is hard to do when there is another drinker in the house, but not impossible. Tomorrow starts day one again. Make it a good day for Kerby - one minute at a time if that is what it takes.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Kerb,

Yeah, had a great Easter weekend. Thanks! This is actually the first Easter in years that I didn't go to church, so it felt a little weird, but I know I don't *have* to be at church to celebrate the Holy day.

Spent the weekend at a nice hotel in town and enjoyed the pool each day. We're getting over the loss of a special pet this past week, so it was a nice change of scenery.

Sorry to hear about the difficult situation you find yourself in with the wife still drinking. I imagine that does make things quite complicated. Glad to hear that you are gettin' right back on the horse, though.

One thing that was really hard for me--I still struggle with it from time to time--is that much of what comes my way is a direct consequence of my choices. For example, my daughter has an alcoholic for a father... because I chose to have a relationship with him. I sometimes feel sorry for myself, or become resentful, or angry, and I have to take a step back and ask myself what part *I* played in getting there. I can choose my sin, but I can't choose its consequences.

Hope you have a great week!

jc
Old 04-06-2010, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey thanks JC..nice hotel, pool each day...now why am i so jealous...good for you... i do agree ...with wallowing in self pity and wished i had of dones...is a stifler of growth...sometimes we just need to go through the motions...well that was my excuse anyhow...back to work today and always find life so much easier around and with others
with far less, or no time to wallow in the me syndrome...ha ha... thanks again for lettin me vent... good day to all...