Easter share

Old 04-04-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Easter share

I was struggling this morning. This is old story - but my father died at Easter time many years ago. He was my best friend. I always miss him this time of year. So I decided to go buy some flowers to cheer myself up and honor his memory. I am also struggling my first Easter w/o my RAH.

Once at the store the cashier wished me a Happy Easter and I really felt it. Then she remarked about the beautiful flowers. So I had to say something - I mentioned that they were in memory of my father. To my surprise she had a similar story to tell and told me (while others waited patiently). She gave me a verbal hug and asked me to come back later and tell her how the day went for me.

I left tearfully realizing that there are others out in world feeling a mixture of gladness and sadness today for many different reasons. I couldn't wait to get home and share this here b/c it made me wonder how others are put in our path to share life with us even if for a minute. This will be a good memory for me of how things work for the good.

Would you like to share today?
Old 04-04-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

aww Kassie, big hugs, and Im sure today must have been hard for you. Im glad you had that special moment with the lady in the store. I dont know the term RAH, what does it stand for? Thanks for sharing with us. Goodnite and God bless you.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
oln

My mum died on april 6th 1996, she was my bestfriend. I had been with my partner one year at the time, i knew then that he had a serious drink problem but i supose i didn't want to lose him aswell. In 2002 and after a particularly bad week of his drinking i finally knew i was beat, so had had enough(for the first time i honestly was willing to end it), i told him and he stopped drinking. Roll on 9 years and almost 15 years to the day after the start of our relationship it is over .The drink has won he not only loves it more than me but enough to hurt his beloved children. He has left ,i guess from previous conversations with him he feels leaving will minmise the damage done to our children or maybe his relationship with them. This all happened about 3 weeks ago and today i just feel so sad and wonder if i will ever feel better.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Thanks for sharing this. I lost a best friend and several family members around Easter. A joyous time of year mixed with sadness.

Hope, you had a chance to reflect all the memories you shared with your Father
Old 04-04-2010, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Kassie,
I am so sorry for the sadness you are experiencing.. I can only offer you my prayers and hope you have a lovely day. I am here with an ear if you need it..
Blessings..