AH I thought was on road to recovery

Old 04-04-2010, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH I thought was on road to recovery

Silly me, once again, AH went to docs to get meds to detox...however, this time (3rd time for this in the past year), it is taking longer and he needed to refill his muscle relaxer to get through. Then last week, he accidently left a water bottle filled with wine out on the counter. My D found it and I thought, oh he's just getting rid of the old stuff around the house...wrong! He has always been a closet A, not a bar going type. Anyway, I confronted him and he told me he was just using a little bit because he felt so awful...why he did not call the doctor back, I'll never know but I guess his way of self medicating seems to work for him best. Last week he went for an outpatient interview for treatment, they wanted him to start a 5 day a week 9-4 month long program, which he was not all to pleased because of how much time was involved. However, he said he would do it after his trip to PHL for business this week, which I don't think he should do..he's basically self employed. Anyway, he also went to get a liver ultrasound the same week because his blood results from his liver tests were 5x the normal rate. The tech basically told him during the ultrasound that she had seen alot worse, of course a fatty liver, but was not all that bad. Perhaps that is when he went for the self medication??? Anyway, he goes back to the doctors Monday and I am going with him . I just start a f/t job 6 weeks ago and had to tell my boss my situation so I will be asking to leave work early (again) to go w/ him. I definitely want the doctor to know what he is up to. I am also interested to hear what the doc has to say about the liver sonogram. I was surprised the tech even talked to him about it as I did not think they ever do when performing this type of test...they are not the doctor!

Well, happy Easter/Passover to all. I am going out to dinner w/ my parents/ sister, kids...not sure if AH will be up for it. he has not been sleeping or eating well either these last few days so we will se when he gets up.

Thanks for listen/reading my posts. I love this site and feel very much at home here...unfortunately.

Comments welcome.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i'm glad you are going for an easter celebration, don't let your ah get you down! i hope all goes well at the doc.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thats what my AH was like, hiding drinks in water bottles. He would have them stashed everywhere, house, garage, car. Id find them and tip them out and fill with water. Be warned on the fatty liver. My AH is now final stage liver failure, and we had no idea until a couple months ago. He used to say he drank to feel better, and if he was feeling offish, it was his liver packing up, we know that now. You have a lovely easter and a great day.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

what would they ever do without those damn water bottles...they are my ah's favorite place to put his wine!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I thought my Ah was drinking from a carafe of soda water...duh...it was 3/4 moselle and 1/4 soda water, and boy could he go thru it.

God bless