Husband Drinking on the Job

Old 04-03-2010, 11:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband Drinking on the Job

He works pretty much alone all day so it really isn’t hard for him to do. I don’t know how he’s getting away with it or how long this has been going on. He swears his boss or coworkers don’t know what he’s doing and that he’s able to get away with it. He also says he’s able to do his job just fine and doesn’t let it get too out of hand. I’ve left him twice because of his drinking and sometimes feel we’re on the verge of divorce. H's been in trouble many times already for his drinking. A year ago he rarely drank where as now it’s quite the opposite. He’s attending AA meetings and counseling. His drinking problem has improved very little since attending these meetings. Should I report this to his boss? Of course doing so will mean a loss of a job for him
Old 04-04-2010, 04:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, if you reported him, could you live without the income, and could you stand up to him when he tries to blame you for losing his job? What he is doing is wrong, and you are in a tough situation. Does he have a sponser in AA? Have you put your foot down and told him how you feel about his drinking at work? Is he driving as well? I am sorry im not much help, but theres some smart people in this forum who might. If you left him twice, and things havent changed, do you think they will? i am sorry you lost your daughter ((hugs)) that must be so hard for you both.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you are certainly in a bind, not being able to really do anything if he chooses to drink.

i would vote "no" for telling on him. HIS consequences. they will come.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, they will come. My husband spent a great deal of the last 4 years drinking and drugging on the job. Claimed he works harder than anyone else, etc. Well, it finally got fired about a month ago. It is just a miracle that he didn't kill anybody driving drunk in the company truck. Step back, don't cover for him.