Ok. I told my lawyer to serve him.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ok. I told my lawyer to serve him.

I was getting cold feet but I did email the lawyer to serve him the divorce papers. No point in procrastinating, my miracle will never come. This will be the start of my new life. Please send me good thoughts!!! I will need them. Hopefully she can send Monday so he has on Tuesday. Lets get the show on the road.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck Lulu. Your "miracle" is beginning, congrats to your first steps towards freedom! x
Old 04-03-2010, 10:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know what it feels like to finally make that decision to leave and have that feeling of excitement, anxiety, and urgency all wrapped up in a little ball. I wanted to blink and have all my pets and my belongings magically arrive in my new life. The effort of dealing with him and all the drama that comes with a physical separation, though was an outlet for all the wildly churning feelings I had.

Congratulations for making that decision and acting on it. They say when you're done, you'll know. It seems you now know it and want to follow through on it. Good for you!

I will be thinking of you next week. Things may get a little bumpy, of course...we're behind you!!

Alice
Old 04-03-2010, 10:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear LuLu, chin up girl and be confirmed in your decision to proceed in the divorce.
I firmly believe that:

God has a time for everything, the perfect schedule for each of us.
He is never too early, never too late. He is right on time.
The when of His will, is as important as the what and the how.
When I work in His ways, in His time, I can make miracles with Him.

Your time is now.

God bless
Old 04-03-2010, 10:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

We're right here.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep us posted, Lulu--the longest journey starts with a single step, right? And you've already taken several. When he realizes he has lost his enabler for good and tries anger, tears, manipulation, whatever he tries---please remember that this is the logical result of HIS choices. They're called consequences and my STBXAH is experiencing them for the first time...how about yours?

He will eventually see that you and I aren't angry (OK, a little, but we aren't doing this out of anger), we aren't begging him to change (anymore), we're just done. Done. Mine isn't too bright and has told people he is still waiting for me to come crawling to him asking him to please come back. But I've hired an attorney, gone NC, moving my stuff out and filed for divorce....he'll get it one of these days. And when he does, I won't be there.

Good luck, stay strong, be safe and let us know how you're doing. This week will be the beginning of the life you deserve.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lulu we are on the same page. I prepped paperwork last week for spousal and child support, custody and visitation. When I return from vacation (I'm visiting family with my kids) I will take everything to the clerk of the court and he will eventually be served.

He does not know this is coming. We have been living separately for 2 weeks and my emotions cycle. Overall though I feel relief that the process has begun.

Blessing to you, I'll hold your hand if you'll hold mine