Helping or enabling in some way?

Old 04-03-2010, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LS2

Helping or enabling in some way?

I can't figure out what to do with my Afiance...He HAS to do his outpatient treatment in order to ever get his license back. So, he said he is soon willing to go do the treatment, which is Mon, Tues, and Thursdays from 8am-12pm.

We live in a really small town, so this would require me to drive him the 20 miles each day he had treatment (20 miles there and 20 back). Would this be considered "helping" him or just "enabling" him in some way? I just hate that I would have to be responsible to drive him! I told him to just do inpatient cause I was mad. Why should I have to take time out of my day and pack up my two kids just to drive him.

I have done my share of driving him for 6 months strait so that he could do his breathlizers and when he was in jail, to take him to and from work. I just feel like he is doing this treatment to "get it over with and get my license back"

Soooo any thoughts...? Thanks
Old 04-03-2010, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If you don't want to drive him to and from his appointments, then don't do it. It is not your responsibility, it is his. He can check with the facility and see if they have a transport bus or van. Many of them do. If not, he can figure out another way to get there and back.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Agree with Suki. Any form of public transport/lifts with other people ? (for him to organize of course)