Alcohol Only A Toxin of Alcoholics

Old 04-01-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol Only A Toxin of Alcoholics

...the disease of alcoholism is a far reaching and pitiful demoralization doesn't only show up in the active drinker. Sometimes it's multi generational. I sometimes wonder if there is a soul around who has not been touched by the insanity of it. My family has it pretty good. I don't have the allergy to it. I hate it! I hate that I hate it!
I choose not to anethtisize myself today. I have more compassion towards recovering people. I'm working on this. In so many ways I allowed myself to sink deeply into my addiction - my active alcoholics and what I could do to cure them!!! Stop laughing!!! My first few meetings were spent disagreeing with the do's and the don'ts. I've learned my denial can be as thick as theirs.
Today I am grateful for being able to learn and use the d&d's. Do not argue with a drunk or sober alcoholic. Don't hide liquor or pour it out. Do take care of yourself. Do get a sponsor. I've got these down for the most part.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenebynow View Post
my active alcoholics and what I could do to cure them!!! Stop laughing!!! My first few meetings were spent disagreeing with the do's and the don'ts. I've learned my denial can be as thick as theirs.
Why laugh at somebody that is brave to face her fears.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Do not argue with a drunk or sober alcoholic.
Amen.