Notices

PMDD and Alcohol

Old 03-31-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

PMDD and Alcohol

Hi, I have never belonged to an online forum but have read allot of posts. I found this one by Googling PMDD and alcohol abuse. Unfortunately the lady(Aries) who posted with my very same problem posted it back in 2005. I do agree I drink too much but not often if that makes sense? I usually drink more than 7-10 drinks or beers at one time but the thing is I get violent(with my wonderful husband, never anyone else) in the 10 or so days before my period if I drink. I have been taken by the police to our crisis center 4 times in 3 years. At other times I do just fine. Don't get me wrong I want and need to quit drinking so here I am and thank you for any insight you all my have with my problem.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

jekly, good luck tonight. hope you stay strong.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR jekyllnhyde
I'm not actually sure what PMDD is but I know you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 03-31-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Jeckyll - What, if anything, are you doing to treat the PMDD? Sounds like a great plan to go ahead and stop drinking. I read a book one time about how alcohol affects the premenstrual phase - I'll try to track down the title for you, but in the meantime, glad you are here and thinking of quitting!

Also, FYI, we have a Women's Only forum on SR....you might check there for more info. on this topic.

Jomey
Old 03-31-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! Do check out the Women's forum here. Lots of support there. I'm glad you joined our recovery family. I don't know about alcohol and PMDD but I do know that alcohol messed up my life in too many ways. I like being sober a whole lot better.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I hope you have talked to your dr about your problem.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Even if Aries is not here, there's lots of other women here on SR. As has been said, this may have already been asked in the Women's Only Forum so pls check that out.

Have you talked to your doctor?

If anything, I think, medical insight into PMDD and drinking has advanced since 2005. My suggestion would be to find a doctor experienced with alcoholism (all aren't) and discuss it with him/her.

Take care.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR....
Old 03-31-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you ALL. I am posting on the woman's only forum. I haven't drank since Mar. 27th when I flipped out and got taken by our PD to the crisis center. I get violent with my husband and that God he never presses charges because he knows it's not the real me. I absolutely adore him and aside from my drinking I have a great life. I might mention he has a few beers everyday after work but it doesn't make me wanna drink. I think I can do this because I have this forum and I know my family deserves better. I do know I'm in the phase where I'm still thinking how awful last Sat was, I don't remember it really but my face is all bruised and I have one heck of a black eye. That I got from the officer throwing me to the ground in my garage to put the cuffs on. The real test will be in a week or so when my mind tells me just to be Careful and Pay Attention to the calender, oh how the mind tries to trick you. I have tried AA and it wasn't for me. We do not have any other options in my town so. Anyway a little long, sorry. Thank You for your support and knowledge.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by jekyllnhyde
I have tried AA and it wasn't for me. We do not have any other options in my town so. Anyway a little long, sorry. Thank You for your support and knowledge.
Maybe have a look at some SMART Tools. I use them as a part of my addiction treatment program along with being in a recovery community here at SoberRecovery. May you always do well in recovery.