So nice to have kindness

Old 03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So nice to have kindness

My boss knows what I am going thru with the divorce etc. We have a weirdly close relationship..we just always clicked. I called out sick again and instead of being mad at me, she always emails me at home to make sure I am ok. She even mentioned she may be leaving the company if I want to go with her one day. Which you have no idea how badly I want to leave my job. Maybe God will send me a life jacket but just hearing this made me so happy. Kindness of others makes me cry too. LOL.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have a nice boss too. I told her what was going on with my ex and she shared some crazieness with her husband. She has always supported me. Good bosses are infinitely valuable!
Old 03-28-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's wonderful, lulu.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My boss listened to me for 45 minutes last week and when I was done prayed a very long prayer for/with me.

He has bent over backwards to support me and give me days off or to leave early for appointments and to to get home to kids coming off the bus, etc.

Thank god for such kindness in the world.

AH of course wants me to quit my job and find something else. Not that he gets an opinion any longer.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just got a new boss. My husband and I work at the same place and it is a small one. This is the first time I told a boss that things were not well between us and that I was having a hard time seeing him everyday.

She responded with, let's see if we can move your office to the other side of the building and not to worry about taking time off when I need it - she recognizes that this has to be the worst. I really appreciated her response and respect.

I didn't tell her the real problem - just the short version that we met at work - had a world wind romance that everyone just felt good about. We had troubles and are not apart - some know and some don't - I explained that it felt like a fish bowl for awhile and I am not hiding anything but I don't want to divulge personal information. One person there knows the truth and is my confident when needed. She is absolutely wonderful support.