update

Old 03-27-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update

So its been a while since I been on SR! I actually have positive news on me , kids and my AH. Ive been actively working the alnon program and it has basically saved me. I want to say a big THANKS to all of you guys here on SR durning my dark depressed times when AH was in active addiction. Thank you for all the advice and prayers! Setting my boundries and letting go was the hardest thing i ever did in my life! Well add the 4 step inventory to that-LOL .

He really did it by HIMSELF-with out me holding his hand !!! He's come so far and I really am starting to trust again. SLOWLY- taking baby steps. Taking it one day at a time. The begining of Feb He went into detox and then started the outpaitent program due to insurance not approving the 30 days impatient stay. Hes coming up on 60 days clean on April 2nd. He is on suboxone for cravings now but he says he doesnt want to stay on it too long. However thats his problem. Its his recovery and I am in my own recovery and continue to work the steps for myself . I try to check in when I can- just hard lately with my job and kids keeping me busy. GOD BLESS !
Old 03-27-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Thanks for checking in. Glad to hear things are going well. Yes, recovery IS possible and hopefully, your husband will be a success story. You are wise to take baby steps though. It certainly can't hurt anything. Congratulations on keeping your own side of the street clean.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's such good news about both of you.

Meetings are truly lifesavers to many here, I know they were for me.

I think your recovery will help you heal and move forward, and a bonus is that is will partly let you understand his recovery too, without trying to run it.

Come share sometime and tell the newcomer how you did it.

Big Hugs