setting the facts straight in my own head

Old 03-26-2010, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

setting the facts straight in my own head

I was often accused of:
1)making stuff up..now I realize its because he was drunk and didnt remember what he did or said..He didnt remember talking to those girls on the phone and me overhearing and causing a fight..he also didnt remember the lies he told so when it came back to bit him he would blame things on me making stuff up
2) my nose whistle was so extreme he needed to sleep in the other room...now i know its because he ran from intimacy
3)that I didnt know how to talk to people..now I know its because he is an alcoholic and normal things I say he cant process
4) he would in a nutshell put me down..like how I dress, perfume etc (and I worked in NYC for many years so I feel confident that I knew stuff about fashion)..now I realize he despises himself and always obsesses about his self image and he told me that to make himself feel better.
5) He would say I intimidated him..Now I know he meant I knew a lot of his dirty little secrets that he never wanted others to know because he self image was so precious..
6) not loving him unconditionally..now I know its because my gut was protecting me from falling for his crap anymore and he didnt like that.
7) being a bad financial planner..now I know that I am financially stable and always have been since I was 21..he isnt. he makes money but spends it right away..I think I am a better finance guru than him who has an accounting degree.
8) of not being normal..now I know he was right because normal would never have gone near someone like him. So now I know I have to work on my own past issues so I never go near that fence again..
9) of not having friends and my own life...now I know I was working myself to death and didnt have time for friends..I am loveable though and I have some of the most wonderful friends ever now..
10) being bipolar and needing to be committed...I went through a depression in my early 20s and they classified it as bipolar 2..he never let me forget it. everytime I got mad I got accused of having an episode. now I know he needed to put me down to shake my confidence so I would leave him alone
11) being to sensitive about people who drink because of my childhood..now I know I was right..before his disease progressed where there is no doubt he is an A he would try to shake my confidence down so I would leave him alone
12) being a perfectionist and doing research before making any commitments or purchases...now I know its because he didnt like that I cared enough to make right and responsible choices..he wanted to get back home and drink so he wanted me to think quick and leave him alone.
13) getting too fat..he used to tell me to stop eating and stuff because he cares aboout my health..now I know its cause my weight affected his self image and I was no longer sexy enough for his friends to comment about me. Its ok..I did lose the weight once he was gone.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I always find that I can get straight more quickly when I go through the motions of writing it down. Good for you.

My husband left us in September. Then he wanted to reconcile. Luckily I had started journaling in May and I was able to see just how bad things had been leading up to the final blow. It gave me so much clarity. I rely on the written form of my thought processes to help me see where I was and where I am. I love your notes to yourself.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You know lulu, you sound like someone who has been tortured by the CIA. This is deliberately done by our alkies to keep us off balance so that they can try to control us.

I too feel like I am losing my mind, even a year later. Then I just re-read all the emails that my ex wrote to me admitting her wrongdoings and saying that they won't happen again.

Of course the stories always change for them, mine now denies anything involving alcohol has ever occurred.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Duped View Post
You know lulu, you sound like someone who has been tortured by the CIA. This is deliberately done by our alkies to keep us off balance so that they can try to control us.

I too feel like I am losing my mind, even a year later. Then I just re-read all the emails that my ex wrote to me admitting her wrongdoings and saying that they won't happen again.

Of course the stories always change for them, mine now denies anything involving alcohol has ever occurred.
You are brave to re-read them. I stay away from everything to do with him. For now. Or maybe forever.

I may adopt a doggie..

CIA..funny but maybe now I understand why my sponser tells me to be good to myself. I dont realize how bad it was you know? I adapted and adjusted and made it my reality.

Its true what everyone says - the pain can be good. I keep discovering new things about myself.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you ever reread some of my first posts here, especially when I discovered that the majority of the $hit my ex told me about his life were ALL FALSE, and most especially with regards to his delusions about how there's an apocalypse coming in 14 years and his son is going to lead mankind into a new era...I understand COMPLETELY about feeling like you're losing your mind.

It didn't help that I hid a lot of what XAH did and said from those I loved, so they didn't quite know what was going on...

When I left him, I let it ALL out for everyone to see and hear. It really helped to see people's eyes bulge and their mouthes drop open when I recounted certain stories or events...it also made me realize how much I'd been minimizing or how much I had believed what he said about me. I truly was living in CrazyLand and XAH was busily buying me a lifetime membership.

Hehe thank god for SR.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
You are brave to re-read them. I stay away from everything to do with him. For now. Or maybe forever.

I may adopt a doggie..

CIA..funny but maybe now I understand why my sponser tells me to be good to myself. I dont realize how bad it was you know? I adapted and adjusted and made it my reality.

Its true what everyone says - the pain can be good. I keep discovering new things about myself.
It's not easy. I choose the ones where it was insane, outright balderdash. For me, I am no longer emotionally attached to my A in any form, so I am lucky. I am starting to look at the trauma like it was a bad dream that happened long ago. I have good days and bad. Now that I am taking action, I feel better.

The decision to detach and go no contact (for the most part) was the right one.

Today I feel like I could stop and admire something of beauty around me, or enjoy the sunshine, or laugh. I went a long time without being able to do that.

I have set the wheels in motion that need to be. Now I have fulfilled what I set out to accomplish, it's in God's hands now.

Tomorrow something might happen that may stop me feeling like this. But at least I have today. I have right now, so I intend to let it infuse me.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post

When I left him, I let it ALL out for everyone to see and hear. It really helped to see people's eyes bulge and their mouthes drop open when I recounted certain stories or events...it also made me realize how much I'd been minimizing or how much I had believed what he said about me. I truly was living in CrazyLand and XAH was busily buying me a lifetime membership.

Hehe thank god for SR.
Thanks very much..I had to write this..Because it is true and it did happen and it did and still does affect me. And one day after I face my demons I hope to never speak of him again.
He is someone else's problem now, 2 months on match.com and he is still there ..well not sure since I havent checked in weeks but I am thinking his hunt for a new lady aint going so great. But I see what he is doing there too. The match.com was a bit for my benefit. His head games and guess what for a few weeks I fell for it,,.automatically I was like..Am I not good enough? Its amazing how I play right into the ridiculous..But what I wrote about is precisiouly why I fall into the ridiculous so I am trying to make peace.
Thank you for your kind words
Old 03-26-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's hard lulu. It's real hard. I had to talk to a lot of my closer friends about it, often. Thank God I have such decent people in my life with patience. It was the only way I could sort out my ex's insanity from my own perceptions.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

When I left #3, I lost like 50lbs in 60 days.

People at work (and everywhere really)
asked me how much I'd lost -

adn I'd say -

"Counting the idiot? about ... 300 lbs and a truck payment."
Old 03-26-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
When I left #3, I lost like 50lbs in 60 days.

People at work (and everywhere really)
asked me how much I'd lost -

adn I'd say -

"Counting the idiot? about ... 300 lbs and a truck payment."
I love it Barb...I am not done yet..I am trying to get myself better. I am starting by trying to get myself out of this funk..
I miss the fool but dont you worry I wont dare break the nc...
Old 03-26-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My nc was easy - he'd threatened to shoot me on sight.
the hard part was partying and not being seen.
I litereally went to work from the woods.
I camped in the Gallatin Wilderness...
and went to work from camp.

Amazingly enough -
it was one of themost wonderful amazing times of my life.

I was also in my early-mid thirties.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Barb.....I am still chuckling at your answer to how much weight you'd lost.

noday....I remember your early posts, and his wacky stories had my eyes bulging and mouth sagging in amazement. You have come miles down your own road since then.

Lulu....Like you I have lots written in diaries and have wondered whether to toss them out or not. Decided to put them away as insurance policy, as tho RABF is doing well, and has even kept from smoking for 6 weeks, he is an A.

I want the original actions, hurts and pain to sift thru if I ever need to, to gather that misery around me like a shield and strengthen my determination never to go thru it again.

Funny how someone who is so damaged by addiction can convince me that I am the cause of HIS problems, tell me that I am useless, ugly, dumb and hateful, and I believe it for so long.

Wonderful when I finally learn it is a load of ABS and I am free to be the me I was meant to be.

Well done to us all, for where we have come to since leaving where we were.

God bless
Old 03-26-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lulu -

it might be fun/even beneficial and healing ...

to take that list
and write a posiitive affirmation for each one.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
Lulu -

it might be fun/even beneficial and healing ...

to take that list
and write a posiitive affirmation for each one.
It is horrible to ask what you mean? Am I that far gone that I cant imagine what a positive on this list would be? LOL..lol..lol
Old 03-26-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
Lulu....Like you I have lots written in diaries and have wondered whether to toss them out or not. Decided to put them away as insurance policy, as tho RABF is doing well, and has even kept from smoking for 6 weeks, he is an A.

Funny how someone who is so damaged by addiction can convince me that I am the cause of HIS problems, tell me that I am useless, ugly, dumb and hateful, and I believe it for so long.

Wonderful when I finally learn it is a load of ABS and I am free to be the me I was meant to be.

Well done to us all, for where we have come to since leaving where we were.

God bless
I am trying really hard but I feel like i go in a circle. i am great for a bit and then I fall and when i fall i call out of work and stay in bed for days. I get very depressed and I am gettin worried about myself. There is no logical reason on earth why i would miss him. I should be out and about and having fun. Not home in bed, Its sad..I kicked him out and yet nothing has changed for me. I almost want to throw my hands up in the air and give up.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Lulu, when you feel like this, remember you are not alone....ever.

God bless