depressed every few weeks

Old 03-26-2010, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

depressed every few weeks

I dont understand...some weeks I am fine and functioning and then every 3 weeks or so I am calling out of work sick and in bed for days crippled with depression..I really dont want to get myself fired but this keeps happening. I am doing my reading which usually helps and coming here but it always seems to get me. maybe because I am waiting for those damned divorce papers so he can be served and nothing from the court. we still have no contact. monday will be 3 weeks and its been ok usually..I just want to feel better already and i dont know what to do..
Old 03-26-2010, 09:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just a question, and I hope it's not something that insults you...but have you considered counselling? It's helped me a lot...
Old 03-26-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
Just a question, and I hope it's not something that insults you...but have you considered counselling? It's helped me a lot...
I actually go..twice a week and see my priest weekly. And it works great but then i have like a breakdown? sounds weird I know.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
how about hormones? seems awfully cyclical.....any increase in our stress levels can have a direct impact on our other systemic functions.

Stress hormones such as cortisol, GH and norepinephrine are released at periods of high stress. The hormone regulating system is known as the endocrine system. Cortisol is believed to affect the metabolic system and norepinephrine is believed to play a role in ADHD as well as depression and hypertension.

might be worth a good ole fashioned check up!?
Thanks, I did have the check up a couple months ago and all was fine but i think you got me thiking it can be something else. I will call my doctor and see what they think. I really thing this is more clinical then just in my head but who knows. Thanks for putting this out there!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
this is not medical advice, but did you have bloodwork done at the time? not just some banging around under the hood and jigging wires, so to speak? it's extremely difficult to "fix" imbalances purely as a mind over matter thing.

two days ago i woke up in a state of anxiety...it was just THERE upon awaking....even my husband asked, so are we a bit hormonal dear, cuz you seem kinda snippy. my auto-response to THAT question is always a hostile, defensive NO with the explanation 'I'm not SNIPPY, i'm just expressing my opinion rather forcefully!" - THEN i took the time to ponder things and realized, ah shoot, it probably IS getting to be nigh on to PMS week. to this day, at 50, i HATE the fact that a simple hormone shift each month can completely alter my perspective and ability to handle life with fluidity and grace!!!! and it isn't usually until they're little heads are rolling on the floor that i am able to acknowledge how they got there!
no I didnt take it as that was but I did have a full bloodwork run up twice in the last 6 months once because of the itchiness I felt that miraculously went away once A moved out but the 2nd set but for that and it was fine but I swear. I just traced back my sick time and like clockwork its that week. i called my dr and left message that I am no longer trying to conceive so can she put me on bc since that is supposed to help. But I havent taken that since I was very young and I am not a fan but whatever it takes to avoid this week!
I was so proud because for weeks I was using all my recovery tools and succeeding and than BAM! Nothing was working anymore in the last 3 days. I couldnt pull myself out. I read the books, I went to therapy and i came here and I could not pull myself our of the funk but I do see the pattern..
Old 03-26-2010, 06:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can it be plain ole grieving? I grieved(still do) in layers. You are still in the breakup phase!

hugs
Old 03-26-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freefalling View Post
Can it be plain ole grieving? I grieved(still do) in layers. You are still in the breakup phase!

hugs
your guess is as good as mine. i just need to get myself to work.
hugs