Need to Trust my Higher Power and Have Faith

Old 03-25-2010, 12:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need to Trust my Higher Power and Have Faith

I have to really begin to trust in my Higher Power, to let go, and let God.

While I believe in God, or a Higher Power, I have trouble trusting and most definitely letting go. I always feel like "I" have to figure things out. I have prayed and prayed for knowledge of His will for me, and the power to carry that out, and while I have not experienced an Ah ha moment, I have tried to think things through and have made two decisions that have been very difficult.

The first one, which really wasn't a decision at all, is selling our house. I realized sometime back, that financially and physically, we could no longer stay here. House and yard very large, and as my RAH's health is not good, I know I can't take care of it. The sign goes up today! I love my home very much, and this has been a very emotional decision.

Secondly, I have made the decision to close my family childcare business after 16+ years. This too has been a difficult decision, but I feel deep down, this is the right thing to do at this time.

After all this being said, here is where the trusting in my Higher Power comes into play. I am very scared of what the future holds. I worry about where we will live and what we will be able to afford. There are not many homes for sale in my area. I worry about finding a job in this tight job market. I kinda have a plan, and know what "I" want to happen, and by when, but the fear that it won't all come together just the way I am hoping is creating a lot of anxiety for me right now.

I will have money from equity in the house, enough for a down payment on something else, and a good amount remaining which will be helpful while I find employment, however we have a good deal of credit card debt I want to payoff with the remaining equity. I don't want to have to live off it for long or I won't be able to pay off the credit card debt.

I have to believe that things will work out, they will fall into place. It will unfold as it is supposed to. I have to remember that it may not be the way I want it too, but the way my Higher Power has in his plans for me.

There are times, lots of time, I just can't get all these worries out of my head. I know I have made the decisions I need to right now and I will have to wait for the rest to be seen. Worrying about it and stressing myself out over it all will not change what ever is to be. So . . . . I really need to have faith and trust that God will guide me and take care of me. Easier said than done though!!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Things WILL work out, Wuzzled, they always do.

Some days I know I have to travel in blind faith, not knowing where I am going or how I will get there but trusting that God will lead me to where I am supposed to go.

Just you wait, once the dust has settled you will take a deep sigh and say "this is all good."

Big Hugs
Old 03-25-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on having the courage to make such huge life changes!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When all else fails while I am experiencing fear/worry, I close my eyes and visualize a big pair of loving hands, the hands of God. I make a conscious effort in my mind to place all those fears and worries into those hands, and breath deeply. Sometimes I have to do that several times throughout the day, but eventually it works and I am able to replace the fears with faith.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The sign went in the yard at about 6:30 tonight. After realtor left, I called my mom and cried! It all just feels so overwhelming right now.

Some days I know I have to travel in blind faith, not knowing where I am going or how I will get there but trusting that God will lead me to where I am supposed to go.
I need to trust that God will lead me where I am supposed to be! Thanks Ann.

I went to my grandma's and she always makes me feel better. She always tells me things will work out the way they are supposed to, that they always do. She just turned 98 this month, and she has a lot of faith, faith that has gotten her through life and some difficult things.

She once told me that when my grandpa died (39 years ago), she thought the world was gonna end, but it didn't and she survived. I know things will be okay.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

You do the footwork and the big picture falls into place.
The next place you go there you are...so your next home will be delightful, because you will make it so.
Believe and things have a beginning.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Trust me, letting go is the hardest part. I always had a real fear of letting go but what I found was that when I needed God the most, he was indeed there. Once you really and truly let go, you will find and feel an inner peace unlike anything you have ever found or felt in your entire life.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How is your life now?

I'm in a very similar place to where you were when you wrote this. Will you tell me how everything worked out? I'm terrified. I need to sell my house and I don't know where to move or what to do for work. I'm trying to just trust and do what I can and ask higher power to lead me to where I'm supposed to go. I really want to know what happened for you

Originally Posted by wuzzled View Post
I have to really begin to trust in my Higher Power, to let go, and let God.

While I believe in God, or a Higher Power, I have trouble trusting and most definitely letting go. I always feel like "I" have to figure things out. I have prayed and prayed for knowledge of His will for me, and the power to carry that out, and while I have not experienced an Ah ha moment, I have tried to think things through and have made two decisions that have been very difficult.

The first one, which really wasn't a decision at all, is selling our house. I realized sometime back, that financially and physically, we could no longer stay here. House and yard very large, and as my RAH's health is not good, I know I can't take care of it. The sign goes up today! I love my home very much, and this has been a very emotional decision.

Secondly, I have made the decision to close my family childcare business after 16+ years. This too has been a difficult decision, but I feel deep down, this is the right thing to do at this time.

After all this being said, here is where the trusting in my Higher Power comes into play. I am very scared of what the future holds. I worry about where we will live and what we will be able to afford. There are not many homes for sale in my area. I worry about finding a job in this tight job market. I kinda have a plan, and know what "I" want to happen, and by when, but the fear that it won't all come together just the way I am hoping is creating a lot of anxiety for me right now.

I will have money from equity in the house, enough for a down payment on something else, and a good amount remaining which will be helpful while I find employment, however we have a good deal of credit card debt I want to payoff with the remaining equity. I don't want to have to live off it for long or I won't be able to pay off the credit card debt.

I have to believe that things will work out, they will fall into place. It will unfold as it is supposed to. I have to remember that it may not be the way I want it too, but the way my Higher Power has in his plans for me.

There are times, lots of time, I just can't get all these worries out of my head. I know I have made the decisions I need to right now and I will have to wait for the rest to be seen. Worrying about it and stressing myself out over it all will not change what ever is to be. So . . . . I really need to have faith and trust that God will guide me and take care of me. Easier said than done though!!
Old 03-11-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

"I kinda have a plan, and know what "I" want to happen, and by when, but the fear that it won't all come together just the way I am hoping is creating a lot of anxiety for me right now. "

My therapist told me that I get anxiety because I always need to know what's happening next, and when I don't: anxiety. She also says that when I start to feel the anxiety build because of what's going to happen "next" that I need to say to myself "nothing is happening NOW" and to live in the now.

I'm trying follow her advice.

I thought I'd pass it along.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I understand!

It is difficult to have a mental idea and timeline of things in this life and then try to completely "let go and let God" it IS scary and Anxiety producing.
I go through this a lot.