Notices

Two nights

Old 03-24-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two nights

HI guys
Its been 2 nights with no alcohol, yesterday i found myself arguing with my own self that yes i should go to the shop, ill start next week but something inside me reminded myself why i am doing this....because alcohol is killing me.... I am going to AA tomorrow night and my big book has been my best friend at night time when i feel the worst.

I know its only 2 days but its my 2 days and i know that in those 2 days i have not drank alcohol.

Thankyou for all your kind words..... I have read them over and over again...
:
Old 03-24-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great work! Those first two days can be very rough
Old 03-24-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

in those 2 days i have not drank alcohol

The first few days ARE a big deal. You have a right to be happy you didn't give in to the urge to drink. Your sobriety is YOURS and no one but you can take it away.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey! Two days IS two days! NOT just "only two days"! Good for you. I had to become sober about two months ago because I felt like I was dying a slow death from alcohol and it scared the S**t outta me. So I decided I needed to find sobriety.

Keep doing this each day....and keep coming here...and see about AA...whatever place you find help with this. Good luck and glad you found this forum. I happened upon it by chance (well, are there ever any coincidences?...a subject for another discussion) and cannot tell you how it's helped me stay on track...and I am quite sure--helped me to save my life.

p.s. we had a wild "pet" chipmunk at my folks' summer lake cottage in Vermont. (he lived outside and ran about seeming skiddish at the site of humans....but he ate peanuts out of my hand!) Anyway, My Dad (who has since passed) affectionately named him Dinkee....so when I read your handle, I smile. Good luck Dinkee. Follow through and this will get better. I am starting to see the light...and you can too. It's so worth it!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

2 days is a fantastic start Dinkee. Let us know how your meeting goes

D
Old 03-24-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you, Dinkee!

These are your two days and your decision and your sobriety and your life.

All of them are gifts to be cherished.

Keep coming back, it works; don't go away, it works even better!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Two days sober is great!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on the two days!! I recently joined and I know how tough it can be. I am on my 4th day and it has been tough. I have been coming to this site often in the past 3 days and it has helped me. There are a lot of great people here!!
Congrats again and keep up he good work.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The committee in the head, AA and the steps sorted that out for me...you might hear a lot that it is the addict voice..hmmm...but think about it you are arguing with yourself whether to go and do something that you don't want to do again, i don't know if you have got to the stage of vocalising it yet, the pacing and huffing and puffing but either way that is quite insane...let us know how you get on at your meeting, go and get restored to sanity:-)

Congrats on your sobriety so far, you've really bought back a time in year 2001 i remember vividly...id moved to Spain and was determined to stop drinking but i would stop for a few days feel better and then drink again...i was renting this huge villa by myself and would pace up and down the living room on the night after the drinking listening to load mucis saying ok this time, cmon just dont bujy anymore alcohol, dont go to bars, should have stayed away from x person...loads more times since then in different places, it's really quite amazing to look back now...To 'outsiders' i was a 31 year old guy who had it all, happy go lucky and in effect had the perfect lifestyle...so powerful a disease to actually prevent us from getting the help that is clearly out there by our own choice!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good job on thinking thru the drink....
Keep moving forward