Notices

Ugghh really

Old 03-24-2010, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ugghh really

You know what makes it really hard to stay sober? Well I will tell you.

So everything is going good right, sober got a job had enough money to buy the girlfriend a new van (5000) not new but five grand is alot of money to me. so two days later she breaks up with me. Damn that was a slap to the face found out she has another boyfriend already a day later. that makes a guy wonder. then car breaks down took four days for me to fix it, because of that I lose my job. all this happend within a week! So now I'm jobless got a van payment due by the 5th got a speeding ticket due by the 31st have court the 31st for a dui i got two and a half months ago. I mean holy crap what the heck is next? I think I'm seriously going to have a meltdown soon!

wow gotta love forums great place to vent!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh and my dog died two days ago
Old 03-24-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi nibaini. I know how you feel, been there many times with assorted bad things happening at once. Just keep telling yourself nothing will be made any better by drinking. Sure, while you're numb you don't feel the pain - but when you sober up, all the problems will still be there. Along with another probem - you'll have relapsed & let yourself down once again & probably have a hangover too. I hope you won't go back there.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am sorry you are having to go thru all this trouble, but you know what? Drinking will make it all worse, not better. I may not know much, but I know that for sure.

I hope you can get thru all these problems sober.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Wow, that's quite a lot of things happening in a short amount of time, but as the previous posters said...drinking will not make it better, only worse. I'm sorry that you are under so much stress right now.
If you stay sober, will be able to deal better with all these problems. And it is a good thing to come to the forums and vent and share this with us- that can help you cope with these negative feelings and not drink. Reaching out and not keeping it all inside is a progress.
You can allow yourself to be angry that your girlfriend left you this way. You are allowed to feel sad that your dog died, and it is understandable that you are worried about the bills and the court date. Just don't drink over it. Your situation is not hopeless, and eventually, this can make you stronger, and you will be glad you didn't drink over it.
I really wish you better things coming your way
Old 03-24-2010, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi nibiani, thats a real run of bad luck Man...Hope you got that 5000 grand van back..Off your x missus...sounds like yo,uve bin taken for a ride by her...Hope you manage to stave off on the drinkin...Man i thought i had problems till i read yours.. best of luck in comin through your difficultys...
Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stay strong my friend, sounds like you are going through quite the test. I cant believe she left you the day after giving her that van.

Take care & stay strong, a drink isn't worth it.

NB
Old 03-24-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

Hi Nib ... hows it go **** happens man .. its plain and simple sober , high , what ever .. but it does happen .. thing is ... being sober your able to deal with it like an adult and do what you can and pass the rest on to someone bigger then you . Non of this stuff happened as the result of drinkin. Did you put the van in her name ? If not you have every right to take it back . the Job well you didnt have one when you started so have lil faith .. theres another one there for you , and you wont reek of the drink . this **** will pass , were often given tests of our recovery to see if we are capable of the next gift in store . We have all been there . I know myself it just seemed like a giant maze of dominos one falling right after the next , Dont understand why it all happens the results will reveal them selfs later on . We just have to accept whats going on and do the best that we can , thats all one can do , right ? So chin up head high . and take care of what your able to at this present moment . just dont pick up .. thats the one main thing you have control over right now .. you dont gotta drink cuz it .. and call the hotline get a ride to a meeting . mite be surprise the network of ppl you meet there that mite be know of a job or what ever .. and when you get your wheels going right .. return the favor for another ... huggles Endzy
Old 03-24-2010, 12:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Bought the gf a van, she breaks up with you, has another bf a day later...

Doesn't sound very random or coincidental to me.

I believe there are lessons to be learned in almost every situation we're put in. Once we learn the lesson, if we're wise, we will not make the same mistake again.

One lesson I learned right away is that just cuz we get sober does not mean that we begin walking a path of serenity through a dewey meadow without any hiccips along the way.

Damn, I've had full frontal gastronomic interjections along my sober journey - it keeps me real. :rotfxko
Old 03-24-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey nibaini
It never ceased to amazed me the things that happened to me when I was first getting sober - those early days can be quite the test - but you deserve a giant pat on the back for getting through it and coming here and venting about it

good to have you back aboard
D
Old 03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Nibani,

I am sorry for what you are going through, but as others have said, it will get easier. Just take a deep breath and try to do one thing at a time.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow thanks guys for all the support! Yeah I'm managing to stay sober now i just need a job! and fast!!!!!!11
Old 03-25-2010, 09:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nibaini -just wanted to say, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Especially the loss of your dog. So so sorry about that.

"When you're going through hell...KEEP GOING!" - Winston Churchill