I confronted her

Old 03-22-2010, 08:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm growing

I confronted her

I talked to the lady from my Alanon group after our last meeting. Shedidn't have a lot of time to talk, she had an appointmnt to get to. Here is the low down .

I got the facts first. She said she did go to my AH's trial. I asked if he had asked her to be there. She said no.
I expressed to her my discomfort with this.
I explained that I fet like a boundary had been violated, personally and in the Alanon group. That I was uncomfortable with her taking information from the meeting/after a meeting and then inserting herself into my peronal situation.
She seemed a little taken back, didn't quite understand. She said, well I thought you were going to be testifying.
I replied, I did not invite you to be there for support. I understand your motives were genuine, but I did not ask you to be there. Can you imagine if that was the day I was suppose to testify and I saw you there with no prior knowledge you were comming. It would have been very difficult for me.
I repeated that a personal boundary was violated a few times and reitterated that we need to keep the things we hear in the confines of our minds and not act upon them.
I also requested that she please not speak about my family situation with former co-workers. She said she hadn't, but clearly she had or else I would not of known that she went to AH's trial. (I didn't argue though, I kept it to myself)

I said my peace and left in peace It was all very civil. I really hope she got it though??
I think I will be distancing myself from her though.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I said my peace and left in peace

Well done. I hope you can continue with meetings and not feel weirded out of going.

peace-
b
Old 03-23-2010, 03:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done
I hate confrontations
Sounds like you were calm assertive and to the point
Old 03-23-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done Daisy, and I hope the message got thru to her.

Now go to your meetings and trust that you will feel safe there.

God bless