Notices

Well day 2 ,,AGAIN....

Old 03-22-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well day 2 ,,AGAIN....

and this may have been the worst one of all,,,,Sitting in the dentist office waiting for my appointment with the withdrawal symtoms went awry,,most embarrasing to tell the receptionist I felt ill and would reschedule,,,and I live an hour away...

My on my what a powerful demon this is,, I pray that ,maybe just maybe that woke me up... Im so TIRED of these 2nd days...

Just trying to make it to tomorrow,, glad to be back, tried it for the New Year but it didnt work out,,, My son, my pride and joy, graduates HS in 24 days , I sure would like to be on my 26th day sober to share this special moment...

God Bless to all !!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are nuts! You are gonna add novocaine on top of a withdrawing body? You might die from this! You can die just from alcohol withdrawal alone.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your 2nd days, are you using a program of any kind.

I recently found out that I cannot handle this demon on my own & joined a program & it has been a wonderful experience & I cannot see myself failing as long as I keep going & putting in the effort.

I see you have been a member since Dec 2009 with only 7 posts or so, it might be good to stay a little closer to SR & share as much as possible.

All of the best in your recovery
Old 03-22-2010, 03:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank guys,,,for the support

and the profuse sweating and my mind thinking about adding the novacaine could maybe kill me(well in my racing mind atthe time that exactly why i left outta there...as for as the 7 posts from december I was all out to stop for new years and I think i made it five days and then went on a 4 days blackout with ambien blackouts,,quit a few day and this has been the pattern but this last 4 day episode that ended sunday coused me some seruious embarassment, calling co owrker and not remembering the conversation,,,wking up on the floor and finding all my medicine bottles had been melted,,,guess i probably left the stove on,,ya think>>>

I signed back in today becasue I feel like im out on an deseert island,,,ive cried wolf many times and had friends and family come to the rescue, went to treatment exactly one year ago,,,,so now Im on my own and with my son graduation coming I want to do whatever it take to stay sober until the and beyound any imput from you guys AND gals and advice would be greatly appreciated,, I have the clonidene for blood pressure and celiex for the depression which was part of the ptoble just refilled it today been out a week , and have taken it for 1 year

the sweats at night wqhile i cat sleep and thinking all those negative thought eat me alive....

thanks people for caring enough to reply to my cry out for help

God Bless you all
Old 03-22-2010, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Making it sober til your sons graduation is a great aim, swlatiger - good luck

D
Old 03-22-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just know that you never have to go through this again.

You can be sober and aware when you go to your son's graduation.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Can you get some medical assistance to help you detox? Hell, call 911 if you have to.

I don't think it's necessary for you to have to explain yourself and why you haven't posted here since December. You're here now and need help.

Please know that each day you remain sober while feeling like sh!t will be one day more that your body is readjusting. The physical sh!t feeling is temporary and will get better.

Continue to pick up a drink and you will feel like this over and over and over.

I detoxed like you're doing right now, alone, was in bed for a week and spent none of it peacefully sleeping, but my body did adjust and I began feeling really good.

You might want medical assistance; you might not - either way, know that what you're going through right now is one day closer to your body recovering. Stay hydrated and rest, rest, rest. We do recover and we're here for you. Sending good thoughts your way.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by swlatiger View Post
I signed back in today becasue I feel like im out on an deseert island,,,ive cried wolf many times and had friends and family come to the rescue, went to treatment exactly one year ago,,,,so now Im on my own
There are some great programs out there that have many people that would completely understand where you are coming from & are willing to share their solution with you. Maybe you could find something in them for you.

All of the best in your recovery
Old 03-23-2010, 03:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support,,,didnt sleep too well and had the dreaded night sweats , but woke up without a hangover ,, day 3 begins
Old 03-23-2010, 04:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Now that you're through the worst of it, do you have a plan? What are you going to do to stay sober? your son's graduation is a great goal. What steps will you take to get there?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

swlatiger my experience has proven that just not drinking never kept me sober, as a matter of fact trying to just not drink led me to a 5 year period where I did not draw a single sober breath.

Be prepared to call 911 today, if one is going to experience DTs many times it happens on the 3rd or 4th day.

Once I got out of detox where I learned that if I wanted a chance to stay sober I needed to go to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days & get a sponsor.

The reason I never could stay sober in the past is I was simply not drinking & that was it.

I have learned that in order to stay sober I had to find a new solution for life other then drinking............. I found that solution in the fellowship & program of AA.

Why do this alone when there are tons of people who know how to stay sober that would be more then happy to help you stay sober as well.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 3 update....

Guys what exactly are DT's??? I have been feeling really pressure in my left chest, afraid to look into coworkers eyes at work becasue my pupils look like I been on meth for 3 days, but I read where the withdrawel can do that also, the worst is the feeling of confusion and not wanting to go around people for fear of passing out at some point,
My goal for today was to make it thru work(I work graveyard) which I did but at time I was questioning whether I would stroke out a few times, for the rest of the day at home I took my clonidenn and Niacin, and will wait before trying to rest to take the ambien, i have been staying with the LARGE bottle of gatoraide wherever I go.
Other than that I dont have a plan yet once I get out of the withdrawals Im just trying to make it out of there safe first.

Thanks in advance for any imput on what to do or expect for the rest of the day today.

My history was about a pint to pint and half of Crown with 4-6 beers a day for the last 2-3 months, when I wasnt drinking I was withdrawing trying to stop but it was NEVER this bad
Old 03-23-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

DTs are Delerium Tremens and it's a serious withdrawal problem that can kill you. Please get medical help if you are having ANY problems. It's best to be safe.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The problem with DTs is you could be working and talking to a coworker and in mid-sentence, keel over with a grand mall seizure which can be accompanied with a stroke, cardiac arrest, or both. Many people are never the same after this, assuming they survive.

for the rest of the day at home I took my clonidenn and Niacin, and will wait before trying to rest to take the ambien
That is a lot of stuff to be taking and even MORE reason to talk to your Dr. Are you taking ANY other meds, OTC or prescription, besides these?
Old 03-23-2010, 01:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

None of us are doctors here - I think it's always safest and best to see a medical professional Dr, swlatiger, if only to put your mind at ease

D
Old 03-24-2010, 06:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

How are you swlatiger? Please let us know.
Just to let you know that I went through detox with medical help, which was one of my more smarter moves in life.
Well I tried before and just could'nt do it by myself. The meds really helped - I suffered from severe shakes, facial tremors, hallucinations and kept hearing that aweful marching band that wasn't there. Aerosmith would have made it a bit easier . Anyway I'm not trying to make light of DT's. We all know how very serious they are and can be. I hope you saw a doctor by now or if not, are okay. Again, please do let us know. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks and I made it somehow thru that

hellish day yesterday,,,,and actually was able to sleep and today is better, I hope that was the worst of it, of all the times Ive tried to quit that was BY FAR the worst feeling I have had with the withdrawals.
I have printed some AA meeting sites in my area, I plan on attending one tonite when I get off work as a start.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Let us know how that goes swlatiger

D
Old 03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I hope that was the worst of it, of all the times Ive tried to quit that was BY FAR the worst feeling I have had with the withdrawals.

The reason why is that it's a progressive disease, it get's worse everytime. One of the reason I quit is because I didn't know how many more "recoveries" I had in me.