Met AUBF (alcoholic uncle of bf) this weekend

Old 03-17-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Met AUBF (alcoholic uncle of bf) this weekend

This weekend the plans were to spend a day on a nice town nearby next to a lake. Maybe check out hostels/hotels for another time.

BF's uncle called BF. He was in town unexpectedly. I won't bore you with details but he was very disrespectful. He came with one girlfriend (because "he has many" according to BF)

When I met them they were obviously drunk. The uncle tried to get out the car and he couldn't even stand straight. He offered me a beer. I declined. He acted offended.

It was obvious they had been drinking for at least a day. They would follow us. I was uneasy about it but couldn't do anything. BF said it was better if we went ahead so we could see where they were and if they were ok and avoid them speeding.

Back in my car BF drove and I admired the great blue sky. I had lunch and enjoyed my meal, fresh fish. I talked a little with this uncle's girlfriend. She stated she was 18 years old. She looked younger than that. The uncle lied and said he was 28. BF tells me he is at least 34.

Uncle mistreated the waiters. Uncle told girlfriend infront of us, refering to me: "look, she is 10 years older and she has a flat tummy, and you are already getting fat.. look at this..."

Uncle asked for beers for me without asking me first.

Afterwards we asked them if they wanted to have an ice cream and they were like "what? ice cream? huh?" as if it was not NORMAL to go for ice cream in a hot day? wtf?

When we went back home we saw their car was zig zagging. We pulled over and they did and stayed there, parked somewhere to sleep it off. I saw they had a bunch of beers in the car. When I said "Bye" the girl couldn't focus her gaze.

Bf said perhaps they had also taken drugs. Nay, not perhaps, he was sure.

I felt sorry for the girl. I felt sorry for the uncle. He recently divorced. I felt sorry for the ex wife but then thought "SORRY? why sorry? good for her for leaving this. I would like to tell her she is the WINNER".

It was a sad sight, this grown up acting as he cared for the girl and promising stuff. It was sad for him to be acting like a teenager. It was decadent.

We made plans for the next long weekend but later I told BF I was not hanging out with them again. He agreed and said he also wanted tranquility.

They make it appear as much fun but that "fun life" isn't much fun after all.

I'm glad its over for me. Freedom's post made me think "Thank god for recovery and our tools" as well but didn't want to hijack the thread

Thank God I was able to dettach and not worry about their destiny.

Thank God I am no longer the woman on the copilot seat thinking risking my life next to a drunk driver is no big deal.

Thank God I am healthy, and complete, today.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
[B]Thank God I am no longer the woman on the copilot seat thinking risking my life next to a drunk driver is no big deal
Old 03-17-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yikes TC, what a lovely little family outing and get together that must have been for you and your bf.

Oh, how well you understand detaching, which is distancing yourself from a situation or person. Frankly with uncle and co, I bet you and bf would be happy if this lot stayed permanently detached by a distance of 500 miles.

Yes this man is worse than a vroom vroom teenager, pushing the limits as much as he can.....teens eventually grow up.....A's somehow seem to grow down.

God bless
Old 03-17-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

LOL, the uncle even told BF infront of me: "you picked well. she is not ugly.." and I was like huh... I'm HERE? I'm LISTENING?

I won't go with him anywhere again, sorry. I plan to have PMS that day. Even if I got Implanon and dont suffer PMS anymore
Old 03-17-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

YouTube - The Addams Family - Original Theme Tune

sorry couldn't resist
Old 03-17-2010, 11:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh good grief!!! Such "good" manners, on top of the slurring, staggering and drunk driving.
The thought of having a re-run of that to look forward to, almost brings on PMS for me, and that would be a miracle, as I am too old and have no plumbing.

How about following this example, and just hiding.

God bless