update on my weekend

Old 03-16-2010, 12:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update on my weekend

Ok so everyday i am working on making myself stronger and detaching from my xabf.. here is the latest. This weekend out of the blue he decides to call and yes.. i answered... He proposed to me!!!! I of course just avoided the whole question and made up an excuse to get off the phone. My thoughts are he has noticed that i am detaching and its a desperate attempt to get me back.. Any thoughts?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Definitely. They like to keep their leetle pinky toe ever so slightly in the door.

The important thing to ask yourself when feeling tempted to fall for these antics is, "What's changed?" Usually, the answer is nothing. And if nothing changes, well then nothing changes.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Any thoughts?

Thoughts? I'm speechless!

My XABF suffered similar feelings of desparation as I detached from him, but a proposal? I can't imagine what I would have said to him, but I hope I would have handled myself as well as you did. Bravo!

Stay on track, you're doing great!

Alice
Old 03-16-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh wow...I sincerely hope you mentally recoiled and thought "NOOOOO". He's just pulling out the big guns, hoping to strum your heart strings.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

alice

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
Any thoughts?

Thoughts? I'm speechless!

My XABF suffered similar feelings of desparation as I detached from him, but a proposal? I can't imagine what I would have said to him, but I hope I would have handled myself as well as you did. Bravo!

Stay on track, you're doing great!

Alice
Thanks so much, i am feeling awesome more and more everday! Thank god for my counselor, al anon and my book on boundaries!!! It sure helps to learn to detach without feeling guilty. Thanks for the praise!