NC = Emotional Freedom

Old 03-15-2010, 04:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

NC = Emotional Freedom

So STBXAH has been texting me all night, unbeknownst to me as I turned my phone off when I went to sleep. I got them this morning.

One text is a picture of the two of us, happy, on a date last May when we were trying to reconcile. He said, "sorry for the drama, my heart is lonely."

This picture used to torture me, as it was really one of the only times we went out without the kids and had fun. I would hold it up as "how happy we could be if we really tried." Now I see it as ridiculous. We couldn't be a happy "if we really tried." Only one of us was trying to make the marriage better. He was working hard to get everything he wanted, instead of having an honest relationship. It's just who he is and what he does.

But when I saw the picture this morning, I was just honestly confused. Why would his heart be lonely? He's made his choices. That's how I really feel. It's his choice to refuse to not talk to OW. He made that very clear to me. He cannot be comforting or supportive to me when I trigger about her. He also verbalized that very well. Sober and drunk.

It's possible he can sense I"m dating, even though I decided yesterday not to do that any more either. But that doesn't even matter because we've cycled around five thousand times with these two essential issues. He has brain damage, literally.

But I don't care about him anymore, at least my focus isn't on him, on whether or not he is capable of anything. A magical thing has happened. I don't feel sorry for him. I don't miss him. I'm not even angry. I see this as very very simple.

He chooses the booze. He chooses the bimbo. He should just own it and stop whining.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

one word - manipulation!

He's not lonely, he's trying to regain control. It's this "power over" game addicts love to play in order to feed their powerlessness.

My boyfriend does this in other ways, but I'm lucky in that, when we have ended things in the past, he never contacts me. His ego is way too strong.
This is when he turns his sick head games onto himself and calls women and goes out and has sex with them.
At least he stops torturing me.

Your ex trying to play you! Keep ignoring his sorry butt!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Transform,
don't let him take one second of this powerful day from you.
you have things to do today.
the fool will always be a fool.
beth
Old 03-15-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Is it his heart that is lonely or is it another organ perhaps??

If it is truly his heart doing the talking he wouldn't be texting you this way because of the confusion and hurt it causes you.

The relationship was all about him. He is still making it all about him.

You were ready to let him go before. This latest distraction from him changes nothing.

Hang in there. You have enough on your plate as it is. My thoughts are with you today!!

Alice
Old 03-15-2010, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there and try not to let him get to you...or bring you down. You are stronger than you know. We all are.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Yep, thanks fellow codies, but I feel FINE!
I'M GRATEFUL to see things this way and be this clear.

No Contact = Freedom
No Contact = Clarity
Old 03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm my own best friend

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
So STBXAH has been texting me all night, unbeknownst to me as I turned my phone off when I went to sleep. I got them this morning.

One text is a picture of the two of us, happy, on a date last May when we were trying to reconcile. He said, "sorry for the drama, my heart is lonely."

This picture used to torture me, as it was really one of the only times we went out without the kids and had fun. I would hold it up as "how happy we could be if we really tried." Now I see it as ridiculous. We couldn't be a happy "if we really tried." Only one of us was trying to make the marriage better. He was working hard to get everything he wanted, instead of having an honest relationship. It's just who he is and what he does.

But when I saw the picture this morning, I was just honestly confused. Why would his heart be lonely? He's made his choices. That's how I really feel. It's his choice to refuse to not talk to OW. He made that very clear to me. He cannot be comforting or supportive to me when I trigger about her. He also verbalized that very well. Sober and drunk.

It's possible he can sense I"m dating, even though I decided yesterday not to do that any more either. But that doesn't even matter because we've cycled around five thousand times with these two essential issues. He has brain damage, literally.

But I don't care about him anymore, at least my focus isn't on him, on whether or not he is capable of anything. A magical thing has happened. I don't feel sorry for him. I don't miss him. I'm not even angry. I see this as very very simple.

He chooses the booze. He chooses the bimbo. He should just own it and stop whining.
Good for you. I feel the same way about my exab. I am getting stronger, and I don't worry about him anymore.

The fog has lifted. I'm doing everything in my power to stay strong. It's true. No contact works. The fog has lifted. You know what that means?? They know they are losing their power over us, and they will try to do anything to get it back. It's the way people work. Humans love challenges. Now that we are stronger, they want to get that power over us back. STAY STRONG!! I'm happy you are feeling so good.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
don't let him take one second of this powerful day from you.
you have things to do today.
hear, hear wicked!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am so happy to hear you are doing well even when he is trying to gear his ugly head into your life. I can only echo what the others have said..Its manipulation..I never really felt he loved me and now I know its true.,they love only themselves..Keep strong. You are doing great.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My ex has been doing this too. I gave up on the relationship = therefore I have no morals.

Um, excuse me, I have a job. She doesn't. I haven't been to rehab, or been arrested or drunk driving or drunk around children.....but apparently I have no morals.

I refuse to continue to be lied to and manipulated.....therefore I have no morals.

I refuse to be trampled on, and used for my paycheque to finance her lifestyle.....therefore I have no morals.....

I refuse to be with someone who doesn't cherish and love me.....therefore I have no morals.

Unbelievable the disconnect.

I warned her that if she continued with the drinking that I would be gone. She made her decision and now has to live with the consequences. She thought I was bluffing.

No contact is truly wonderful.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jewell614 View Post
Good for you. I feel the same way about my exab. I am getting stronger, and I don't worry about him anymore.

The fog has lifted. I'm doing everything in my power to stay strong. It's true. No contact works. The fog has lifted. You know what that means?? They know they are losing their power over us, and they will try to do anything to get it back. It's the way people work. Humans love challenges. Now that we are stronger, they want to get that power over us back. STAY STRONG!! I'm happy you are feeling so good.
You are correct - they are like parasites and they feed off our life energy. The power you have now is what your ex is craving - but you already gave him that power and now you've taken it back. He wants what is 'rightfully' his, but he can't have it, and it drives him nuts.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

No contact is wonderful, no emotional engagement is precious, thank to SR I lately "engage" but am getting better at letting it go then enjoying the afternoon.

I am still angry but I prefer being angry than sad or worried...

Remember the HALT rule, don't be harsh with yourself and consider if you are hungry, angry, lonely, tired or a combination or all of them..... once you start working on resting, eating, doing some sport, calling a friend etc you'll start remembering you got a GREAT life and everything that they say here its TRUE.

We can't control them. We can't be replaced either. If we see life through OUR eyes it looks much better. There is much peace and joy and beauty. There is yoga and silence and appreciation for nature. There is the spiritual connection. That is who we are. If others want to live in the mud fine by me, as long as they are away, be my guest.

HUGS today!!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Duped View Post
My ex has been doing this too. I gave up on the relationship = therefore I have no morals.

Um, excuse me, I have a job. She doesn't. I haven't been to rehab, or been arrested or drunk driving or drunk around children.....but apparently I have no morals.

I refuse to continue to be lied to and manipulated.....therefore I have no morals.

I refuse to be trampled on, and used for my paycheque to finance her lifestyle.....therefore I have no morals.....

I refuse to be with someone who doesn't cherish and love me.....therefore I have no morals.

Unbelievable the disconnect.

I warned her that if she continued with the drinking that I would be gone. She made her decision and now has to live with the consequences. She thought I was bluffing.

No contact is truly wonderful.
amen. truly my life description. u said it
Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Hey Jewell, who's that little dumpling in your picture?

And yes, yes, yes, YES to all this wisdom. Thank you.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey, we know what we think of his "I am lonely", don't we?

God bless
Old 03-16-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I'm my own best friend

Hey Jewell, who's that little dumpling in your picture?

And yes, yes, yes, YES to all this wisdom. Thank you.
That is my daughter. She is 4 months old.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Beautiful little girl.

Coincidentally, my ex just pulled the 'I'm so lonely' kick on me this morning. Crying about how hard done by she is and how I have totally abandoned her even as a friend. How hard done by can she be? Her life is financed by a combination of social assistance and rich parents......

The whole contact was about her turning everything back on me.....once again. She operates as though she's done nothing wrong. She actually believes the crap she shovels too.

Truth is, she's freaking out because she's worried about custody.....and so she should be.

She's doing everything to regain power and control, and she's flailing madly.

Even my mother is shocked by her complete and utter disconnect.

We both are starting to think that the drugs and alcohol have fried her brain.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Hey Duped, I"m interested in custody issues as well, how is your custody battle going with you AX?
Old 03-16-2010, 09:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey Duped, I"m interested in custody issues as well, how is your custody battle going with you AX?
It's a tough one, in Canada, the courts tend to go in favour of the woman. Child services have been involved. Currently we parent through a mediator. My AX doesn't abide by rules though. She has lived her whole life without 'rules' or consequences as she comes from wealth.

I don't have the financial might to go against her family, so basically it's a war of attrition, and so I have unfortunately had to sit back and just let her train wreck continue. She's very adept at avoiding being caught but she's walking on thinner and thinner ice. I don't want her to hit rock bottom but I'm afraid that's where this seems to be headed with her.

Even with her past rehab and drug use, and subsequent alcohol abuse.....and no income, I'm still at a disadvantage. Basically she is going to have to screw up royally for anything to change custody wise.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I see. What's your current custody arrangment? Are you looking to change it? Things might be different here.