Treasue Mapping: Anyone want to set intentions & have fun?

Old 03-14-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Treasue Mapping: Anyone want to set intentions & have fun?

I was wondering if there are any peeps out there who want to join me in Treasure Mapping this year.

WTF is Treasure Mapping, wanting?

I'm glad you asked. Treasure Mapping is something I started doing last year, and it's really just a fun way to set your intentions for the year. Essentially, you create a collage of things that you want in your life or intend to create in your life, but there's a specific process to it.

The right time to do a Treasure Map is during the Aries new moon, which starts April 14th. This is because Aries is the first sign of the zodiac, so the beginning of the astrological year, and the time to plant new seeds.

From now until April 14th, you're supposed to be decluttering, and not just physical clutter in your house. You get rid of anything you don't want in your life anymore, whether it's a relationship, whether it's an old story you keep telling yourself, whether it's a feeling or way of thinking that you want to be done with.

Don't buy any magazines until April 14th. You can get used ones from the library or whatever, but don't crack them open until the 14th. Don't use magazines you've already looked at. You want to see what images are going to inspire you during the Aries New Moon, so you have to wait until then!

I will post more about how exactly it's done. I do mine in a feng shui format, so I'll tell you about that.

If no one's interested, I think I'll still post my process here and photos of my finished product. It's a big deal for me this year. I'm feeling a lot of changes and setting lots of new intentions.

:day6
Old 03-14-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I LOVE this Wanting. We were posting simultaniously about the new moon, this one, tomorrow is in Pisces.

I'm in, and
From now until April 14th, you're supposed to be decluttering, and not just physical clutter in your house. You get rid of anything you don't want in your life anymore, whether it's a relationship, whether it's an old story you keep telling yourself, whether it's a feeling or way of thinking that you want to be done with.
is right where I am Baby!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yay, transform! I knew you'd be in. Yes, you are definitely decluttering lately, huh? LOL.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Again, as an Aries, I approve.
Carry on. LOL

This is great! I love it. Feng shui? I am in.

Edited to add:

Interestingly enough, I just told my oldest son last night that I never really considered New Year's Eve as the beginning. It was always my birthday I felt was the beginning of my new year.
This whole idea of treasure mapping has me pumped.

Of course, as an Aries, I KNOW that everyone wants to know the date is April 10th. :rotfxko
Old 03-14-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

LOL, wicked. Most of the Aries peeps I know are full of themselves, although most of them in an endearing way.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thank Goodness! I lay awake last night wondering when your birthday was! And yes, Aries are full of themselves-but I LOVE that.
Confident, own your sh1t women. But they're also very loving and very sweet.

Gotta say I"m very curious and excited about this. I"ll start with prayers tomorrow morning.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Please post your journey - I have not heard of this specifically but I have heard of a similiar technique.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank Goodness! I lay awake last night wondering when your birthday was! And yes, Aries are full of themselves-but I LOVE that.
Confident, own your sh1t women. But they're also very loving and very sweet.

and ferociously loyal. hehehe like a dog, but i don't bite (much)

i wanna treasure map! can't pick any pictures yet? i want pirates (treasure).
johnny depp. wait, what?
okay, easily distracted too.
LOL
Old 03-14-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
qwe

This sounds like a great idea! Thanks for suggesting.

Now .... what do you know about a Sagittarian woman?
Old 03-14-2010, 05:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sagittarians have a positive outlook on life, are full of enterprise, energy, versatility, adventurousness and eagerness to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They enjoy travelling and exploration, the more so because their minds are constantly open to new dimensions of thought. They are basically ambitious and optimistic, and continue to be so even when their hopes are dashed. Their strongly idealistic natures can also suffer many disappointments without being affected. They are honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere, with a passion for justice. They are usually on the side of the underdog in society they will fight for any cause they believe to be just, and are prepared to be rebellious. They balance loyalty with independence.
Okay, I just pasted this from another site (one paragraph only!). I think if you were a man, I want to marry you or jump your bones.
LOL
Look like good fun people to me.
Beth
Old 03-14-2010, 05:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
qwe

Thanks, wicked!! lol

I think I'll print that out and put it on my treasure map! Sounds really good to me.

I suspect my rah has forgotten what a great deal he has sitting in his house ... in another room, of course, not being talked to, but for now, still here.... let's see how long that lasts.

Thank you!
Old 03-14-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

qwe, my Dad is a Sag, and he's awesome! Very easy-going and funny.

Sags are fire signs, so you'll get along well with transform and wicked. You three could be the trifecta of fire sign awesomeness.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
qwe

Hi wanting,

I would agree that all Sag's are pretty amazing, but I thought there were gender differences within the signs. Based on your description, perhaps the males are the mellower sex in Sagittarians, at least if we assume I'm a good representative of the female side....

Looking forward to doing this.

Cheers!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

This sounds interesting!!! Tell me more!!!! Never heard of it before, but I'm intrigued and always ready to try something new - I'm in!

P.S. So no magazines for a month??? IDK about that.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I suspect my rah has forgotten what a great deal he has sitting in his house
I know, right? Fools! Bwahahahahaha! they only want you when it's over!
My last one was a Pisces, and after being an idiot for a few years, he realized I had enough and believe me, once my mind was made up, there was nothing he could do.
But, he kept hanging onto me, i practically had to peel him off of me like a sunburn.
ewwwwwww!
But now I remember who I am. And I am awesome. Yep. You heard it here.
LOL
Old 03-14-2010, 06:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sags are fire signs, so you'll get along well with transform and wicked. You three could be the trifecta of fire sign awesomeness.
Hmmm, this is interesting, fire signs should be together? I know that sagittarius sounds as awesome as me, and might be able to keep up. Very good to know.

The trifecta of fire sign awesomeness!
Yeah, I like that!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

P.S. So no magazines for a month??? IDK about that.
We can do this Lotus!
All for the greater good, your greater good.
I know it will be tough for me too.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
qwe

Indeed, a trifecta of fire sign awesomeness! I'm with you!

Bring it on. Bring it ALL on.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yep, and look, we already got North America covered!
Next, the world!

Okay, a little grandiose too.
hehehe
Old 03-14-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

qwe, now that you mention it, one of my good friends is a Sag and so is my favorite aunt. They are both very loyal, as you mentioned. My aunt was very close with her kids and would $hit a brick when anyone messed with them. My friend is such a good friend. She was there for me like a mutha when I started going through all this stuff with AH. Both my aunt and my friend are very fun people to be around.

Lotus, you can read mags to your heart's content! I'm a bit of a mag whor3, so there's no way I could go a month! But the ones you use to make your collage should be new or new-to-you, never looked at until the 14th.

I will post more info later. I'm so glad we have a little team going! Get started decluttering! Get rid of those old clothes, old husband, whatev.