Progress

Old 03-14-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Progress

Its been awhile since I posted for those who dont know my husband took his life 1-9-10.

My daughter and myself are doing better, still attending therapy and we started going to a group called surviors of sucicde. The people in the group are amazing and so supportive. Its very open honest meetings. The feelings and emotions I have is somehow strange to hear another person say and think the same thing. We still have our moments and Im sure we always will.

Ive always looked at my life as chapters, this is the start of a new one. Even tho we miss, and love him he is gone. We have to move forward and live. Which is going to be a slow progress but with each day we remind each other that its going to be ok and we will have a ful life. Its still kinda hard to understand that this was HIS CHOICE and no matter what anyone would have done wouldnt have changed it. Im working on forgiveness and acceptness. I dont want to spend the rest of my life angry, I did that for way too long.

Working on taking care of myself too. HARD WORK since Ive never done it before. More of taking care of my emotional self more than anything. Im finding that in all of my relationships with men have been the same. I took and accepted everything they handed to me without looking at whether or not it meant my needs or in my best interest. Im trying to apply this to all of my relationships, friends , family etc.

Ive also let go of trying to hard to make a new normal. Since I let go of it, it seems to be falling into place. I see myself doing routine things around the house. I dont go back to my full time job till April 1st. Im so glad I took this time off to get myself together enough. Slow but steady. As always thank you for listening to me. You all have given me so much wisdom and support.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by WizeDeb View Post
we started going to a group called surviors of sucicde. The people in the group are amazing and so supportive. Its very open honest meetings. The feelings and emotions I have is somehow strange to hear another person say and think the same thing. We still have our moments and Im sure we always will.

Happy tears. Thank you for sharing!