Language of Letting Go - March 11 - Timing

Old 03-12-2010, 04:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - March 11 - Timing

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Timing

If we could untangle the mysteries of life and unravel the energies which run through the world; if we could evaluate correctly the significance of passing events; if we could measure the struggles, dilemmas, and aspirations of mankind, we could find that nothing is born out of time. Everything comes at its appointed moment.
—Joseph R. Sizoo

Timing can be frustrating. We can wait and wait for something to happen, and it seems to be forever until it comes to pass. Or, suddenly, an event or circumstance is thrust upon us, catching us by surprise. Believing that things happen too slowly or too quickly is an illusion. Timing is perfect.

Today, I will trust and work with Divine Order. I will accept the timing in my life today and in my past as being perfect.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Early in recovery, I used to hate the phrase "In God's time, not mine." Probably because those times were never in sync.

Hindsight has shown me that God's timing is always right, and that even when things don't unfold how and when I want them to, they unfold exactly how and when they need to.

Some days all I need to do is my part and then show up and let life happen.

Hugs
Old 03-12-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been learning a lot about trust lately. I am repeatedly being taught that things are not going to happen the way that I want them to, and that I'm not in control. However, I think I've reached a certain amount of acceptance.