Im leaving today.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im leaving today.

I've had it at being a fool, of waiting for the "next thing" to happen to leave. I am not with the person I started the relationship with, none of mine or my childrens emotional needs are being met and i refuse to hide behind our pretty house and keep up his facade. Oh God just give me strength and help me do the right thing. I phoned a womans shelter last night and we are going to stay there until I find a place. It would be impossible for me to move out directly from the house, our arguments are becoming screaming matches. I am angry and hurt, it just clicked in..what am I waiting for? Life is too short. I am feeling really scared, of whats to come. Im scared of his drug use once Im gone..but thats what I have realized that I have NO control over him- I only have control over me. Any positive energy/prayers would be appriciated- Im packing.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sending hugs and prayers.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. Genuinely. You are doing the best thing you can do to serve your higher self and protect your children. I hope you are packing "smart". Money. Get money. Gather any valuables and all your personal papers. The shelter should be able to give you a list of suggested items to pack, duplicate, etc. Put password protection on things like power, cell phones, insurance, roadside assistance, cable, etc. I will be thinking of you and praying for your peace of mind and safety!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You and the children will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers! :ghug3
Old 03-10-2010, 07:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i also think you are doing the best thing for the both of you and your kids. your breaking point may/maynot also lead him to his breaking point too. my families decision to walk away from me is what drove me to my bottom, which inturn caused me to finally hit my bottom. that bottom caused me to get serious about recovery and remembering that bottom is what helps me to stay clean. today i'm 8yrs sober and totally grateful to my family for the decisions they made back when.....

you and your family are in my prayers.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with all of the responses above me. I am thinking about you and your children and celebrate that you have reached your bottom. I know what I have gone through and wish that my bottom had been reached sooner. You and your children will be okay. There is a lot of support out there to help you as you find your way.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I will be thinking of you today. Prayers....
Old 03-10-2010, 01:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers- and just want to add, I SO respect you!! Takes alot of courage to do what you are doing!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

prayers of safe passage thru this confusing and difficult time for you.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What a tough decision to have to come to, but when enough is enough you know it. You are bravely declaring that living without addiction in your life in the long term is worth the short term discomfort of moving into a shelter and finding a new home.

We truly can endure anything when there is life, love, and liberation on the other side. You can do this!!

Keep in touch, stay safe, and reach out for help and support when you need to...that's what it's there for.

Alice
Old 03-10-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Leaving is a very dangerous time for women, you are wise to make arrangements ahead of time with the womens' shelter.

Take your valuables and bank checks and cards, and talk to your lawyer to determine your rights.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs
Old 03-10-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sending hugs and prayers for you and your children. One day this will all be a distant memory. Until then do what you need to do to keep yourself and your family safe and healthy.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Praying for you Findmyway...God Bless you and your children
Old 03-10-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

what everyone else said....

be smart, and safe. truth is on your side. (and us)
Old 03-10-2010, 10:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I made it and we are ok Honestly I cannot believe I did it.. what a day!! As I grabbed the last bag to put into my truck my bestfriend said he was home. He came up the stairs and I said "I'm leaving today" I just went right on and left.
I DID IT!!!!
Thank you everyone who prayed for me today, it means more to me than you would ever know.
I pray for strength and wisdom to make it through the days to come, to be the best person, best mom I can be.

Again thank you all!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think you did a really brave thing today. your decisions may help your husband as well as yourself. have you gone to any meetings for you? i will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I pray for strength and wisdom to make it through the days to come, to be the best person, best mom I can be.
As my sponsor told me often..."just keep doing the next right thing".

One day at a time, your life will be better.

Keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs
Old 03-11-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Stay strong, you are doing what's best for you and the kids. You are all in my prayers during this difficult time
Old 03-11-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by findmyway View Post
...my bestfriend said he was home. He came up the stairs and I said "I'm leaving today" I just went right on and left.
I know that was such a difficult moment for you, but also triumphant as well. I too left my best friend, but I reached a point where I could look at how I was being treated and ask myself - Would I treat a friend that way? Too often the answer was no. As I've moved forward in life this has become one of my guiding questions for so many things. And it's helped me straighten out my heart a few times.

As the reality and magnitude of the change begin to set in, remember these triumphant moments and the freedom you experience. It will get you thru the tough times. Hugs!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by findmyway View Post
I made it and we are ok Honestly I cannot believe I did it.. what a day!! As I grabbed the last bag to put into my truck my bestfriend said he was home. He came up the stairs and I said "I'm leaving today" I just went right on and left.
I DID IT!!!!
Thank you everyone who prayed for me today, it means more to me than you would ever know.

Again thank you all!
Good for you and the kids! Now you can take the energy once used for arguing... and put it towards your future.

It may feel funny at first... but you took the right step in the right direction... you CAN do this.

Bless you.