Notices

Day 47 - Just Checking In

Old 03-08-2010, 07:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 47 - Just Checking In

Hi All!

I wanted to check in real quick as I've been very, very delinquent as of late in regards to checking in and posting - darn work and life schedules keep getting in the way!

Anyways, today is Day 47 for me and I'm feeling awesome. I'm still going to AA meetings every day and I am just loving life in sobriety. I'm starting to really hit a point where it just feels "normal" to live life without alcohol and, when I first started this awesome journey, I saw that mindset as an impossibility. I am just in awe and amazement at how God can and will change us if we'll just submit our lives to him and be ready to do whatever it takes to stay sober.

I think that's been the biggest change for me as opposed to 4 years ago when I dropped out - no more excuses, no more exceptions. It is simply being ready to do whatever it takes to get and remain sober. Period.

Anyways, I just wanted to thank everyone on this board once again for all of your love and support. You are all such a HUGE blessing to me and I promise to get back involved starting right now.

As a last note, I just wanted to send out a word of encouragement to those just starting out in sobriety or those even just considering getting sober. I know that you do not know me, but I promise you that if I can do it, anyone can do it! I had all the doubts in the world before this journey started and all I can tell you is that the life I have now (after just 40+ days) is above and beyond what I could have EVER imagined. I love waking up sober and being able to live instead of just exist. Yes, life is still hard but it is so much easier to deal with the difficulties as a sober man than as a drunken mess.

God Speed,

RacerX
Old 03-08-2010, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your solid foundation RacerX!!! i find your 47 days very inspirational, and I do remember your previous posts as very encouraging too....I hope one day to say 47 days too...but for now Day #21...(hey that's 3 weeks solid sober).

it is amazing to me how much clarity is coming to my head...how much more RATIONAL I've become without booze clouding my brain.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

It works if you work it

Well done, Racer. Thanks for the update.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Racer X,

Congrats on 47 days!! Way to go!! I keep finding things in your posts that I really dig. Today, this little gem rocked my attitude:

"It is simply being ready to do whatever it takes to get and remain sober. Period."

Oh hell yes!! Also, your comment about waking up sober a while back? Became my mantra, my OM, my centering technique. I realized that was my number one thing that keeps me going every day - thanks for bringing that one to my attention!

Great to hear from you, congrats on 47 days, word up - WAY up!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Racer...you are amazing.
Well done on 47 days.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good message, well done of 47 days.

peace
Old 03-09-2010, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

AMAZING!!!!! Very inspirational- I can use some of that. Do you still MX? I did for 10 or so years. I know the RacerX mag. what a rush- I love riding motorcycles. Rode YZ250 until 2003, slight wreck you might say- missed a double and tore my rotator cuffs in both arms. Harley now- no jumps...at least not yet.
Best to you my friend
Dub
Old 03-09-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 47 days, RacerX!

How awesome to be busy with work and life - a very good thing - you're not forgotten here tho!

In the beginning, I just wanted the unbearable pain to stop. I never, ever expected what I got in recovery - it's something I didn't even know I wanted until I got it.

Now I do everything I have to do to keep it.

You're right...it's not always easy but it is always worth it!

Blessings ~
Hbee
Old 03-09-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Big congrats RacerX!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are doing well, I wondered where you got to! Congratulations on being almost 7 weeks sober!