Very angry

Old 03-04-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very angry

Today I am just very angry because my husband is upset that the doctor will not give him anything to help withdrawals. He has an appointment Monday with a rehab counselor. The guy told him that they are not going to give him anything for withdrawals they will stick him in a room and let him suffer it out.
Do I want him to suffer a part of me says no but, a part of me says you took the stuff why shouldn't you suffer why should it be easy. It hasn't been easy for me or our kids while you have been on the stuff because you have been mean and nasty. I have had to stress about how are you gonna be when you get home or worry about where you are and what you are doing. I just am very angry cause it seems to be that he just keeps saying me me me. What he has to go through. He offered to go stay at his sisters and I said go ahead because let someone else worry and stress about what you are doing or taking. If you really want to get off this stuff. I am glad that he is going to see someone on Monday but, I just want him to mean it and if he doesn't than I want him to get out because I don't want to live this way anymore. I want to start thinking about me and what I want.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Sis)) - I totally understand what you're saying and I think you have every right to say that.

I did abuse opiates when I was "out there" but never got addicted, (my DOC was crack - no physical withdrawals), so I don't know about the physical withdrawals, but I went through some pretty bad MENTAL ones and I wasn't afforded any "luxuries" of help, either...I dealt with an angry family and was looking for a job because I had just lost the one I had. Many A's have had some help with the withdrawals, many more do NOT and have had to deal with the consequences of their addictions from the get-go.

When we say "take care of you", this is exactly what we're talking about. If he needs to go somewhere else, to spare you and the kids his irritableness, then let him go. You HAVE been through quite a bit, and you deserve some peace.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-04-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sitting here nodding my head. I am where you are. Everything that comes out of thier mouth soooooounds like its for you but its really me me me. I hope that you will be able to think about yourself and what you need instead of the constant worry and upheaval they create......thats what i am hoping for myself too.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tonight he has slept since we been home and when he wakes up he is just plain mean. Says I don't understand what he is going through with the withdrawing and he is right I don't but, I feel like he doesn't understand what I am going through either watching and dealing with the crap while he is withdrawing. I wish he would go someone else so, I can have a peace of mind and don't have to watch and listen to what he says while he is going through this, it kills me to watch it. I hope he gets through this, I hope I can get through this. I am not gonna go through this again this is a last trip for me, if he can't get off this stuff than I am gonna have to send him packing because I know emotionally I can't do this anymore.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

what day is on sis? was there anything to him going somewhere (sister's?) to finish this stage out?

i hope you can limit your interaction with him. i would think it wouldn't be too hard, just dont go into the part of the house where he is at, do some extra shopping, visit a friend, etc.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Where is that Kingbaby thread?
Old 03-04-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-syndrome.html

King baby!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

he is on the third or fourth day. You are right I can go to a different part of house and I am just staying away from him. That seems to be working. I feel somewhat better, just have been a bit emotional but, working it out so that I stay away from him and just relax. just very frustrating and upsetting. I am making the best of it.Thanks for advice appreciate it.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Last go around, I allowed my daughter to detox at home. I gave her a throw up pail and access to the shower. I did not play nurse maid. She muddled through.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
grateful rca

((((sis))))) hugs and peace to you.

since he has to tuff this out without meds, hopefully he'll remember how hard it is and not want to start using again.

for me, the pain of using and the consequences of using is what helps me to stay sober today. hope it works for your husband too. if not, then thats on him, you have a good plan to for yourself, stay strong and i'll keep you both in my prayers.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just am very angry cause it seems to be that he just keeps saying me me me.
My daughter's addiction finally taught me to say me, me, me, because no one else was going to do that for me. I remember someone posting that addicts do a better job of protecting their interests than we do protecting ours. I decided it was time for me to balance the scales.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I agree with that, why should it be easy for him cause it sure hasn't been easy for me while he has been taking this crap.