I am good just need to write this out

Old 03-03-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am good just need to write this out

So today my exABF was supposed to leave to the military. I have this strong gut feeling that he did not go. I know it is none of my business and I cant control it but I have the fear he is not alright. I am not reacting. I am not removing the block to reach out to him. I just need to write it down so I do not change my mind to check on him. It is not my job and I am glad I can do this today. I will pray for him and hope he is ok.

Thanks for listening....
Old 03-03-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Cmhcali)) - good for you for coming here instead of reaching out to him. It's not like we have an "off" switch for our feelings..it takes time to work through them, detach and move on.

Sending you big hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-04-2010, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stand your ground. I have been having difficulties myself. Still no word from my abf and I have a feeling something is wrong.

Last edited by freedom4u; 03-04-2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: keep posting on wrong posts
Old 03-04-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

compare your craving for trying to find out what is going on his life like a craving for drugs/alcohol.

Just say no. (or whatever you do to get thru your cravings... a meeting?)

For myself, I just knew that anytime I gave into cravings I was setting myself up for hell - prolonging my withdrawals and I'd have to start all over again (with no contact or quitting drugs). Somehow I had to learn how stay the course and stay focused on my recovery.

That happened one day at a time.

Another helpful technique was playing the tape through to its ending. I KNEW what the result would be if I gave into my craving (to contact my ex, to pick up some crack - whatever). It would not be good. It would not be what I wanted. Playing the tape all the way through helped me realize that and it helped me control my behavior and regain control over my life.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

((((((cmhcali))))))