What did she have done?

Old 03-01-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What did she have done?

I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible...

After my mum came to my house last week wanting to dry out AGAIN (she needs someone to help her because shes incapable of doing most things when shes drying out. she had also just come out of hospital the week before after they gave her some meds to control her tremer, i wasnt happy they let her out so soon) i was doing some washing and when i came into her she was drunk, she had snuck in a litre of vodka and done the lot, i let her sleep the night and then asked her to leave in the morning, because she basically threw all my help in my face and i, seriously not strong enough to keep trying to help her.
She spent a whole week downing litres of alcohol, we tried to go round her house but she wouldn't answer the door, i had a call this morning, and she was in hospital, irregular heart beat and the start of liver failure. when they was trying to put a drip in her, she collapsed and had a seizure, then a bit later on she had another seizure.
she's on 24 tablets a day, a drip with fluids and strong vitamins, but tonight they gave her some injections in her tummy.
I wanted to know 2 things if anyone could help me please
1) any idea what those injections were for?
2) i know no1 can tell me exactly, but just HOW bad is she?

thank you for any help. i love this site, it really makes u realise that ur not alone <3
Old 03-05-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi tiana,

I'm so sorry you're going through this with your mum.

I don't know what those injections were, but perhaps you could ask her doctor? And your second question too? We can't really tell anything from out here, and we're just regular folks, not doctors....the docs will know more.

Be sure to take care of yourself as all this is going on. YOUR life is the only one you can control. Your mom's choices certainly are sad, but you can't do anything about them unfortunately.....alcoholism is really terrible. Remember the 3 C's: You didn't cause her alcoholism, you can't do anything to control it, you can't cure it. It's all up to her....even if the choices she makes are sad ones.

Hugs,
GL