Once Upon a Time

Old 09-28-2003, 03:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Once Upon a Time

Ok guys. I need a pick-me-up. So let's write a story. Here are the characters so far: a princess, a cow, an enchanted tree and a wizard. Please feel free to add more if you are inspired!

Once upon a time there was a fairy princess. She lived in a far away land. The pricess was growing weary of life in FarLandia as the habitants there were running amok performing odd and unreasonable acts without knowing it. She had tried and tried to help manage their lives, but alas, to no avail.

The pricess strolled off into the forest to visit her favorite place, the enchanted tree. She climbed into a comfortable spot in the enchanted tree where she could look out far beyond Farlandia. to her surprise she saw a cow. "how strange," she said. There are no cows in this part of the world!

Just then, a wizard appeared. The wizard said to the princess.....
Old 09-28-2003, 03:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
spirit

the cow

this is a magic cow. she can take you to places away from this land, to places of peace and plenty.

however you can only fly with the cow once and you have to do three things to obtain the cows permission to fly with her.

What are these things asked the princess?

The wizard smiled wisely and said.......
Old 09-28-2003, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
loonie-path

First thing: You have to have faith in the cows ability to fly....
Old 09-28-2003, 10:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Second, you have to feed it some grass, and third, you have to have a clear image of the place you want to go to.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The fairy princess was so excited! She could now go somewhere in the world to learn a way to manage the inhabitants of FarLandia! One after another, thoughts began to race into her head. She would need to figure out who was the most intelligent person in the world--or better yet, several of the most intelligent people--could she find a way to get the cow to fly her to more locations than one?--Hey, how fast could this cow fly, anyways--she couldn't be gone more than a couple of days--could this cow live on something besides grass?--would something else besides grass work, that would be easily carried around, to keep this cow in the air?--that is, if this thing could fly--which is really ridiculous, if you ask me, she thought.

"I know what you're thinking", the wizard spoke, rather authoritatively. "I've been through this before, so let me repeat, just in case you didn't catch it the first place. The cow will only fly you once--ya gotta get back on your own. You have to believe this cow will fly--and from the skeptical look on your face--I'd say you need some work in the faith department. The cow eats grass--that's all, just grass. And, you have to have a clear picture of the place you want to go. Just one place," he reiterated, shaking his head. "Geesh, why do they always give me the co-dependant ones that only want to spend their time controlling something", he mumbled.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Princess decided that if she was going on a journey she would need to pack a few things. KNowing she would be flying on a cow (I flew an airlines like that once), she would have to travel light.

So she looked at what she had accumulated and made some decisions.

"If I pack up my resentments, fear and shame" she thought, "I will have little room for my faith, forgiveness and courage".

"But I really want to hang on to my control and manipulation" otherwise how will the others here survive if I give up my power?"

"I can take my lessons and leave my remorse for mistakes behind, but there is one thing, just one thing that I know I need to take and that is my laptop so I can stay connected to my recovery"

As she packed her small bag, she found it was still overstuffed and she still needed to fit in her toothbrush and tiara.

Pondering what to do next, the thought came to her in a lighbulb moment....."AHA" she said, I think I will.......
Old 09-29-2003, 07:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

use the inhabitants to suck out the life, I mean air out of my space bags.

So the Princess began her journey....