haunted by sociopathic alcoholic ex boyfriend

Old 02-28-2010, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

haunted by sociopathic alcoholic ex boyfriend

i know i shouldn't even talk to people who are going to tell me more stories about my dead ex boyfriend who cheated on me, lied to me, physically abused me and stole from me. but yesterday someone let loose a whole new parcel of information that is driving me crazy! it's like a train wreck, why can't i stop? why won't i just set the boundaries that i deserve for my peace of mind!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My suggestion is to change your number. Delete any numbers of people that may tell you things about your ex BF you don't want to hear. I just did that in the last couple days. I found people were telling me things that were very hurtful and I got wrapped back up into the drama and the angry feelings towards my ex ABF.

So, I changed my number, deleted his number and everyone that knows him. It has only been a couple days but I feel free! This was for my own sanity.

Just a thought
Old 02-28-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

So sorry shugabooga.

I know what it feels like to let someone else get in your head. I let it happen and I got mad at myself for not seeing it coming. Ugh!

Be gentle with yourself. Forgive yourself. Take the anger and frustration and use it to establish those healthy boundaries again.

I had to get mad at myself before I could see that I was being lax about letting people unload their burdens at my expense.

Then I forgave myself and told myself I would be stronger next time and stand up for myself.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for your replies. i'll definitely delete some numbers but won't go as far as changing mine. i screen calls religiously! thanks again!
Old 02-28-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I stopped contact to him and ANYONE who knew him. I got sanity and joy in my life in return of letting all of their "friendships" go.

As it is I have been in touch with a few of those "friendships" well they were not that great after all. I prefer other company now (like my cats which are both looking at my reply now and also surf SR often!).

It is tough at first but it is because you haven't received other gifts yet..... and yes even now someone mentions him and I feel something but at least I have learned not to ASK for it... or willingly be around his "ghost".... no siree life is way better now

Hugs!!
Old 02-28-2010, 05:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Phew!! Some people really are the pits.
Yes do delete anyone who is able to cause you more hassles, and if you do get some hard case who decides to chat about your ex, let them know "I DO NOT NEED TO HEAR ANYMORE".

Hopefully it will such old news soon, and it will pass from others minds as will any weird idea that you need enlightening further.

God bless
Old 02-28-2010, 08:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sometimes hind-sight really is 20/20. I heard that we should look at even our bad times as a learning tool that works to our advantage if we use it right. I hope that's the way things work; then the next time I'll have a chance to do it better...

Hugs...