Notices

need advice

Old 02-25-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need advice

i just logged on this lookin for some help, over the last few yrs i cant stop drinkin, dont drink durin the day but cant wait till i have my baby in bed to start!! causin all sorts of problems mainly im always in bad form, but still need that drink everynite get fed up if i cant have one so would only be one nite i wouldnt and thats just to try save fightin with my partner, cant go on like this im so depressed and have gained so much weight any addvice would be great!!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I would suggest you see your doctor about safe medically supervised detox. After the alcohol is out of your system, maybe think about a good recovery program. AA is the best-known but there are others. Please do see a doctor to be safe when detoxing. (((hugs)))

Here are some other recovery programs to check out:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...resources.html
Old 02-25-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nerraw View Post
i just logged on this lookin for some help, over the last few yrs i cant stop drinkin, dont drink durin the day but cant wait till i have my baby in bed to start!! causin all sorts of problems mainly im always in bad form, but still need that drink everynite get fed up if i cant have one so would only be one nite i wouldnt and thats just to try save fightin with my partner, cant go on like this im so depressed and have gained so much weight any addvice would be great!!
During the day, when you're alert, seek the help of a peer or someone similar to speak with. Your baby is more important than yourself (you can make decisions and your baby can not) and you need to take care.

After your baby, figure how to address your own needs and life.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi nerraw

Welcome to SR. I think leasts advice is good. Check with your Dr about withdrawal, then look for the nearest AA meeting, simply because they are the most accessible of all the recovery methods and you need help - now.

And of course - keep posting

D
Old 02-25-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hello nerraw

I understand. I am on sober day 8. I have 2 toddlers (one that is special needs). I would never drink during the day and if I did, it would be a social drink at the play cafe or the pub over lunch. Then as soon as both children were in bed, out came the wine. It would relax me and take the stress of my day away.

I now make sure i am eating plenty of food during the day so I know that the alcohol wont have that much of an effect. I am now on anti-depressants for PND. Also at the end of the day, I have downloaded lots of my fav tv shows like bewitched and watch them while drinking cup after cup of MILO.

I also look up a new recipe to bake after the children are in bed. I am getting really good at cheesecakes.

Please go to the doctor and see if you have PND. It is hard to admit but it may be that you need the extra help to get you through.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you joined us....Welcome
Old 02-25-2010, 09:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

MY advice would be go to an AA meeting immediately and let them know you drink too much and you want to quit(make sure they know you know very little about AA if that's the case). I would also go see your Dr asap to tell them the same. The DR can help you safely withdrawal,which will also help you not pick up. I suggest you not simply get the Dr's help with withdrawal and try this alone because too many of us fail. I can't tell you how many times I went 3-4 days only to drink again once I felt better. If you get a temporary sponsor in AA they will be able to help you with the early stages. I was stubborn and didn't get it. I thought no one would want to help me but I was dead wrong. That's what AA is all about. God Bless!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Welcome

and, I second what everybody else said. I wish you the best.

Take care and be safe,
TB