Suggestions for anxiety?

Old 09-27-2003, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Suggestions for anxiety?

Overall I think I am doing better, I am reading and I am going to meetings. I still yet have a lot of anxiety about a lot of things. Even issues in the books bring back uncomfortable memories and my daily life can be stressful, as you all well understand.

So, anyway, any suggestions for anxiety? I already get plenty of exercise. I have just started taking St John's Wort, I thought it might balance me out more.

Thank you.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

Hi Countrygirl,

You may want to see a therapist or talk to your doctor about some anti-anxiety/depression medication for the short-term. I know several ladies around here who have done that and it's helped them tremendously.

If you don't want to go that route, you can try breathing exercises or meditation, taking long, relaxing baths, or just giving yourself a time-out. When I was suffering a lot of anxiety and panic attacks, I would take a lot of baths, listen to ocean CDs, light lavendar candles, anything to help me relax. Find what works for you and don't be afraid to reach out for help if your anxiety isn't getting any better.

Take care and hang in there,
JG
Old 09-28-2003, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
loonie-path

Just getting out of the house for awhile works for me sometimes. I go for walks, or go to some store or other and just walk around looking at stuff.

Reading. Watching a movie I have been wanting to see for a long time.

Sometimes nothing helps, so I come to the boards and throw an online tantrum!!! LOL!

Well, that helps too, cause everybody here's been there, done that, and they understand!
Robin