Notices

Addicted and out of control!

Old 02-22-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Addicted and out of control!

Hello, for Internet purposes I'm calling myself percgirl. I have been struggling with prescription pain meds addiction for years now, it has been a long and tiresome battle. At the moment my DOC (drug of choice) is perc's why, because it is what my doctor is giving me at the moment and frankly makes me feel really good.

I am stuck between wanting to stop and scared that if I do I will not be able to deal with my life. My life is complicated and would take way to long to explain, however I can say that I am a mother and married. I have been successfully lying to doctor's for years to feed my addiction. I not only get satisfaction from the pills that are prescribed but also for being able to con the doc's into giving me scrips.

It is something on two levels that I need help with. My family is also fooled into believing that the pills I take daily are for legitimate reasons so I have no confrontation with my husband or kids. As a matter of a fact my husband gets a benefit from it because one of the side affects of my addiction to the perc's is a great need to get laid LOL........

Seriously though, I worry that I will never be able to break this pattern and it seems like I can not function without the pills. I know this thing can not last forever and I need some kind of serious insight on how to even start to clear myself of this addiction. I have heard all the bull, now I'm looking for something that can really work for my complicated situation.

O.K. that was long, whew! Thanks for reading
Old 02-22-2010, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

however I can say that I am a mother and married. I have been successfully lying to doctor's for years to feed my addiction. I not only get satisfaction from the pills that are prescribed but also for being able to con the doc's into giving me scrips.

respectfully snipped for space...

How do you take care of your children/child if you are taking percocet? if you really want to stop, don't you think you should tell your doctor and your husband that you are addicted? before something terrible happens.

I've taken percs. before, when recovering from a broken shoulder and nose, (mixing them with wine)...they do a number on your lower GI system and age you unbelievably fast....unlike you I did not feel so hot on them...but I know I had a devil of a time when the scrip ran out....which made me compensate with more wine.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Percgirl,

Welcome!

It's probably a good idea for you to talk to your dr and be honest. That would be a huge step towards beginning recovery.

You can live without the pills and you can have a good life!
Old 02-22-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
it's a movie, you're the star

percgirl,

i can completely relate to this whole fear of quitting. ill be candid and say that i've never admitted to a doctor that i "formerly" was an addict until the last doctor i started seeing - and, in the long run that really saved me from perpetuating a 7 year habbit of ripping off doctors for meds.

i think you need to stop fooling yourself into these "drug benefits" - such as the ones your family and hubby supposedly get. obviously, if you came to a recovery site, you need help. why not help yourself by being honest and telling a doctor - who is a professional - and who can help guide you in a way to get off these meds?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

heya percgirl....

welcome, keep posting...
Old 02-22-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi percgirl

I've never done percs so I have no direct experience - I do know that a life predicated on drugs to make ourselves feel better is a pretty slippery slope...and the bottom of the slide is not a good place to be.

I know you'll get some good honest responses here.

Also come and read our substance abuse forum - you'll find a lot of help and experience down there as well.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome
D